Incoming ERAU Student with Comm.Single/Multi looking to split time or build w/others

NC_BE300

Hello everyone,

I'm a incoming transfer student coming to ERAU Daytona with my Instrument, Commercial Single, and Multiengine ratings, and I'm looking for other pilots or passengers who are interested in splitting up flight time. I figure that this way, anyone who wants to go out and build up time, re-gain currency, learn or brush up on a lesson without paying extra for an instructor, go on trips, etc. can benifit because the cost burden is not all on one person. If any one is interested please let me know. If any ERAU students, or anyone around the DAB area knows of any good deals on aircraft rental either on campus or off, please let me know, because this is just a very open idea, and I know little about the DAB area because I'm moving there this semister from North Carolina.

Thanks,

Nick

Prices are normally cheaper up the road in Ormond Beach. I'd love to go out and share some time. I need to build up for my Commercial now that I have my instrument. Air Orlando here in Orlando, FL has some sweet planes, but they're $104/hr. Once I get the upfront cash, I might join CAP Flying across the ramp. They have several 172s (one a nice 172R), 2 Arrows, a Slow-downer and I THINK a Seminole. Prices over there a bit cheaper, but fuel isn't included....

Sounds great, I'd be more than happy to split the time up with you. Hopefully when I get down there on the 27th, I can start looking around soon for aircraft rental and gather some details together. Your idea sounds really great. I would watch out with the rental rates on the aircraft that do not give you back fuel costs (dry rates). I have looked into that myself locally before going to a different FBO , and in the long run, if you took the aircraft on cross country flights it would really start adding up with the fuel costs, at least that is the way it was explained to me with the examples of a Beech Bonanza and Piper Seminole. If I can be of any help to you while you train for your Commercial ratings, let know because I just finished mine last week.

Nick

I have always rented at Cloud Dancer in Daytona. They have some of the best rates in the Daytona area and have some descent planes that are maintained in house. I never had a problem with scheduling.

Hey, I would love to split time. I need to make sure I stay current on instruments. I fly out of Epic in New Smyrna right now.

Sounds great,
What kind of rental aircraft and rates are available?
Where in Florida in relation to Daytona is New Smyrna?

Nick

How many of us JetCareers pilots are there in the Central FL area? This could turn into a pretty decent opportunity as far as flight time and networking down the road.....

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of aircraft and rental rates does Cloud Dancer have?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have 152s, 172s, a Piper Arrow, a Piper Seneca I. The 172s go for $75 per hour, the 152s are $54 per hour. Plus they offer 10,50,and 100 hour block rates.

That is a good idea kell,
Right now I live in North Carolina, but on the 27th of this month I'll be moving into the dorm at Embry Riddle in Daytona Beach. Just one week left! I'm ready for the change!

New Symrna is about a half an hour drive south of Daytona. It is an uncontrolled field so you usually spend less time on the ground than at Daytona. The rates are higher than Cloud Dancer but that is because they are new airplanes.

C-172SP 93.10 (including ERAU discount)

They also have a Seneca and a 152 but I'm not sure of the rates. I would be interested in flying somewhere cheaper though. I'm flexible. I'm just really looking for some people to fly with and help share expenses. Falcon Flight Center at Daytona also has rates similar to Cloud Dancer.

Wow!

I didn't expect a rate like that! Thats pretty good for a 172R.
Would you happen to know of any good deals for flying twins?

Thanks

Hello everyone!

I'm now moved in at ERAU Daytona,
so anyone that wanted to split flight time, lets get
together and talk, and look around at some of the planes
in the area. I have looked at Executive and Cloud Dancer, and I'm waiting to get some more info from Executive by tomorrow. CD seemed OK, but I'm still looking around, perhaps the tour at Epic will prove to be interesting, and I'm also looking into visiting Ormand Beach.

If ya feel like making the drive to Orlando, let me know. Right now I'm flyiing out of Air Orlando, but I should be getting checked out at CAP Flying in about a month or so.

Go to epic... you will be very very pleased. There is someplace in the area that rents a geronimo very cheap, cannot recall the place though, i will look into it.

I was checked out at Epic this past sunday for the C172 SP's and the R's, and I was pretty happy with how I was treated. I have done one flight since then, and I'm still pleased with them.

I'm also looking for multi engine aircraft to rent and stay current in.

Awesome! I'm checked out at Epic as well and have been pleased so far. I need to get some approaches in to stay current. Maybe we can figure out a time to go fly.

Falcon aviation has a Duchess for their twin that they are advertising at $70/hr per person, 2 person minimum. Basiclly they just are using the safety pilot rule. I've only flown a Seminole and that has even been too long ago. I'm still trying to figure out where to get checked out for a twin because I really want to practice and build some time.

Let me know if you want to fly sometime.

I know this is an old link but don't want this oppurtunity to get wasted.

I know they have a twin in the spruce creek fly in but you have to have a min of 50 hrs multi for insurance reasons. I am not sure of the plane but looks decent. I believe it is in the neighborhood of like 125 an hour which is really cheap... I am down for a trip to the bahamas... I only have 15 hrs so we would have to find someone with a little more experience. I am ready to build some time...

And by the way, by far epic is the best place to rent. The SP's are really nice with leather interior, dual gps, auto pilot, some even have wx uplink and tecas installed. Last time I took it up it wasn't working yet though. The tecas, wx uplink that is. They are really cool over there and they also have a 182 which is nice. The 172 R are nice too but they don't rent them for overnight trips only day trips. Because they are used so often. I believe they just got a new multi well not new but new to them, however they don't rent it out.

I can get you more info about the fly in multi if needed, and another thing that is the best place to get medical as well. It is kinda cool to get your medical in a hanger with a king air looking at you. Good deal and very professional.

Anyone can hit me up if you need some info...

Back