In an AIM chat RIGHT NOW!

jtrain609

Antisocial Monster
Heya everyone,

Me and EatSleepFly are hanging out in the AIM chat right now, come check it out at

aim:goChat?RoomName=jetcareers

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Yeah...come on!
cool.gif

AIM = AOL ® Instant Messenger™

It's a program by AOL for sending instant messengers to other "AIM" or AOL users. If you don't have it all you need to do is download the program, install it, register a screen name, and you're ready to go.

Thanks for the link, finally have it working but no one is in! I guess that will happen when I'm about 12 hrs ahead of the US and its 1620 here
laugh.gif

You just missed it; me and Prospective Pilot both just left. Seems that 11 PM Eastern is a popular time, I think there were as many as 11 people in at one time.

I loaded up AIM and it puts a load of AOL junk and spyware on my machine. Aloft reminded me about Trillian which is a similar chat program that connects to AIM, MSN, YAHOO, ICQ, IRC chat services. You only have to create accounts for the services you want to use (AIm and MSN for me for example). Anyway if you want to jump into the chat next time you can download a free version. It is adware and spyware free as far as I can tell.

Trillian web page

Acadia,

What you have to do with AIM is log in through the AOL web site. Go to www.aol.com and it says AOL IM with the little man, click on that and you'll be protected.

Once you get the AIM account active with Trillian just click on the aim icon and "Join Chat room" is an option. The just enter the name.... I will go into jetcareers now for a test

[ QUOTE ]

What you have to do with AIM is log in through the AOL web site. Go to www.aol.com and it says AOL IM with the little man, click on that and you'll be protected.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would prefer to avoid all things AOL if possible. Also I have friends using other services so Trillian is great for all the bases bases.

Heya,

It's not the same room, though. I logged in with AIM and with Trillian under two different screen names. Started the AIM room and then tried to join with Trillian. They both said "jetcareers" but I could not see myself. Though if I join the chat room under one name in AIM, then invite my Trillian screen name then I can join fine. Kinda weird.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Yep, I'm gonna bring this topic up again.
smirk.gif

Everyone head over to the chat room.

aim:goChat?RoomName=jetcareers

Just so this topic doesn't keep coming up, could one of the Mods put a sticky somewhere with the link, along with the disclaimer about how Jetcareers LLC isn't liable for anything said in the AIM chat etc etc so Doug's back is covered?

It would sort of be like Xmass in January.

Ethan

Back