I'm going for a discovery flight on Sunday!

ahmed

Hi

I just found out that I'm going on a discovery flight on Sunday and I'm stoked. I just turned 15 and this will be my first time in a small aircraft. What should I expect? I probably won't be doing my flight training at this airport because it is very expensive compared to an airport an hour away. Thanks.

You will have a blast! I started when I was your age and I am now 16. You will most likely do some basic manauvers such as climbs, descents, turns to the left and right, climbing turns, etc. I am not positive due to the fact that every instructor is different. The sure thing is that you will have a great time!

Hi

I just found out that I'm going on a discovery flight on Sunday and I'm stoked. I just turned 15 and this will be my first time in a small aircraft. What should I expect? I probably won't be doing my flight training at this airport because it is very expensive compared to an airport an hour away. Thanks.
Sometimes the extra expense is worth it. Make sure you do a thorough comparison of the two schools before you make a commitment. You might find that the more expensive school caters to your needs and/or safety better than the cheaper one.

Just saying. ;)

You will have a blast! I started when I was your age and I am now 16. You will most likely do some basic manauvers such as climbs, descents, turns to the left and right, climbing turns, etc. I am not positive due to the fact that every instructor is different. The sure thing is that you will have a great time!

I can personally guarantee that there will be a takeoff and landing.

Would it be inappropriate to say the latter is not always guaranteed? :crazy:

Just kidding, enjoy your flight, you will love it! :nana2:

[Gets Perma-banned]

I probably wouldn't take it. JK:) Just remember though, if you actually do take the flight, you'll be hooked and you'll never be able to not fly again.

If he wants to demonstrate zero gravity make sure you loosen your seat belt a little. Enjoy it, next thing you know you'll be 17 and a private pilot.

juxtapilot said:
Would it be inappropriate to say the latter is not always guaranteed? :crazy:
If you're going down that road, it might be just as realistic to say that the former is not guaranteed either!

Kidding, kidding. Enjoy it.

Don't try and do everything at once. Remember to look outside once in a while.

If you can, try and avoid looking at the instruments altogether. If you fixate on them, it can become a hard habit to break when you learn to fly by looking outside.

Look outside all the time. Enjoy it.

If you can, try and avoid looking at the instruments altogether. If you fixate on them, it can become a hard habit to break when you learn to fly by looking outside.

Look outside all the time. Enjoy it.

I don't think I'd disregard the instruments altogether. I agree you should spent the bulk of the time with your head outside the cockpit (like around 80% outside, 20% inside). It's important to periodically check your performance every once in a while (am I really at the altitude I intend to be at? how's the oil pressure/oil temperature?)

Hi

What airport are you going to? Let me take guess at Caldwell?

Back