I'm going for a discovery flight on Sunday!

If you like roller coasters then you should like flying. :nana2:
One of the things to remember is when you decend, is to hold your breath. :nana2:

one of the few uplifting posts on this or any forum. Really makes you think about how we all got into this "flying" thing.

going back to stick and rudder!

welcome to the blue

one of the few uplifting posts on this or any forum. Really makes you think about how we all got into this "flying" thing.

going back to stick and rudder!

welcome to the blue

i started in 06 at 0C2 flying gliders.
stick and rudder is great!

Just relax and let it happen. The more you relax, the more fun it will be and the more you'll get out of it. When you do move the controls around, use finesse, and don't brute force it.

That was the hardest thing for me to learn. I tend to have exactly zero finesse but in order to learn how to fly properly, I had to learn that skill.

It was so fun! :) We went across the Hudson river to the practice area and I got to do turns, climbs, and descents. It was pretty bumpy. The coolest part was holding short while a jetblue a320 passed by not more than 25 yards from us.

I'm looking for a job so I can save up and get my ratings when I am in college.

It was so fun! :) We went across the Hudson river to the practice area and I got to do turns, climbs, and descents. It was pretty bumpy. The coolest part was holding short while a jetblue a320 passed by not more than 25 yards from us.

Glad you had fun and enjoyed it.
What aircraft make/model did you fly?

It was a 172SP. Its so cramped inside there (im 6'2") :D

When we were taxiing back I couldn't believe how great any flying job can be... Cropdusting, CFI'ing, regionals (well they are tough for the first few years but still), long haul international, cargo.. Sure beats the hell out of working as a sales rep at some midsized paper manufacturing company (The Office)

Can't wait to see where I end up.

Just relax and let it happen. The more you relax, the more fun it will be and the more you'll get out of it. When you do move the controls around, use finesse, and don't brute force it.

That was the hardest thing for me to learn. I tend to have exactly zero finesse but in order to learn how to fly properly, I had to learn that skill.
not sure that you actually have finesse yet :buck:

not sure that you actually have finesse yet :buck:

You are NEVER going to let me live this down, are you?

Tell her I said hi. If I'm going to get crap over it for the rest of my life, I may as well do something to deserve it.:cool:

Lol if the coolest part was holding short... you should work the line...

J/k... glad you had fun!

14 and 6'2"?

Don't drink much coffee, do ya? ;)

Slide the seat back and recline it a little will help.. I'm just over that height and did the majority of my training and CFI work in them. You'll get used to it once you find a comfortable positon. Also try lowering it some too if it has that option.

Glad you enjoyed your first flight!

Cool, great that you had fun... Of course...what kind of person wouldnt though. lol

Im 17, and 6'3" and know what you mean about tiny Cessnas. The 172 isnt bad, the C152 or C140 is just hilarious though.

I'm not that tall, but I did have discovery flight with a student that was 6' 3 in a DA20. He barely fit.

Cool, great that you had fun... Of course...what kind of person wouldnt though. lol

Im 17, and 6'3" and know what you mean about tiny Cessnas. The 172 isnt bad, the C152 or C140 is just hilarious though.

BS you're 6'3"...

If you're 6'3" than I'm 6'4" and I'm only 6'2" hahah.

But yeah, i fit pretty well in the DA40 and 172M's R's and SP's.... 152 wasnt soo bad either, whas it trace? haha remember that right after Oshkosh?

(Note: this picture was taken after 3 days without a shower, goddamn you Trace haha)
n580746186_1517886_5464.jpg

Beautiful Wisconsin! haha....
n580746186_1517889_6353.jpg

BS you're 6'3"...

If you're 6'3" than I'm 6'4" and I'm only 6'2" hahah.

But yeah, i fit pretty well in the DA40 and 172M's R's and SP's.... 152 wasnt soo bad either, whas it trace? haha remember that right after Oshkosh?

(Note: this picture was taken after 3 days without a shower, goddamn you Trace haha)
n580746186_1517886_5464.jpg

Beautiful Wisconsin! haha....
n580746186_1517889_6353.jpg

yet somehow i found a razor? sexy!

Glad you had fun. I did the same thing when I was exactly your age. 2 years later I got my PPL. Good luck and have fun. There's a lot of fun stuff coming your way.

Back