Im about to resign from this application for employment

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkierMatt

So I get my pepc invite I select NYC since it is the closest to me. I recieve an email back saying there is a spot reserved for me just choose the 9th or the tenth. I choose the 9th. Book everything! Hotel 120$ Airfare 285$ and then I get an email today saying oh your appointment is for JULY 11th!!!! FRIDAY JULY 11th! Called terri she told me take it or nothing at all....

wtf

any takes....

Be back in a bit ....:banghead:

So I get my pepc invite I select NYC since it is the closest to me. I recieve an email back saying there is a spot reserved for me just choose the 9th or the tenth. I choose the 9th. Book everything! Hotel 120$ Airfare 285$ and then I get an email today saying oh your appointment is for JULY 11th!!!! FRIDAY JULY 11th! Called terri she told me take it or nothing at all....

wtf

any takes....

Be back in a bit ....:banghead:

That is awful, and I wish I could be more sympathetic...except that I'm on the waiting list for NY PEPC and I want you to cancel. Lol. Sorry!

---UPDATE---.

I was able to change my flights for 100$ more on the current airfare rate.
Hotel was able to change reservation for free, since same rate applied for july 10th. So another 100$ to the airline. guess they figured I wasn't checking baggage and had to get me somewhere. Ooooh Well. Im set and going again. Minus my head hurting.:)

Not to be rude or anything guys, but what are you doing making plans like that without a confirmation letter? All they asked was what day you would like to attend, but in no means did it mean you would actually get that day. Just saying...

Not to be rude or anything guys, but what are you doing making plans like that without a confirmation letter? All they asked was what day you would like to attend, but in no means did it mean you would actually get that day. Just saying...

dont bring logic onto the internet. people get moody when they can't blame things on other people. :whatever:

Yeah, it's frustrating, but they did say all these PEPC dates are subject to change. Craziness that it is, it is. lol.. Glad you got it sorted out though! Good luck!

Guys, sorry to hear about your bad experiences, but you're not the first and you won't be the last. Valuable lesson learned here....DO NOT make reservations until you are told you will be given a date...Just the way it works...and if this one little thing is causing you to think of resigning, then this job is defenitely not the one for you. Sorry to be blunt, but it's the truth.

not again....im really getting tired of people talking s%^t. did i offend your delicate sensibilities by asking questions on my bf behalf? seriously. what's the problem man?

I'm just jumping in here, but if this is not the first time you are hearing this - that should tell you something.

The discussion is much more productive when talking to people who are actually going through the process and not always hearing stories in the third person.

Don't take it personal, but I'm not surprised others get annoyed.

Why doesn't your BF sign up for an account on here instead of letting you be his mouth piece? Its free fast and easy. Are you pursuing a career in ATC in the near future?:rawk:

He's too busy saving up for their 2bed/2bath with antique wainscoting and gold lam[SIZE=-1]é[/SIZE] wallpaper - right, Lindsay? :laff:

He's too busy saving up for their 2bed/2bath with antique wainscoting and gold lam[SIZE=-1]é[/SIZE] wallpaper - right, Lindsay? :laff:

Geez why do you guys have to gang up on the poor girl...she's obviously very proactively involved in her mate's career...it's a little out of the ordinary, yes, but is it really that bad??? Only qualm I have with it is that I'd expect her boyfriend to be this interested too! BUT like someone else said, if an inconvenient matter like this makes you want to reconsider employment for the FAA, your heart really isn't in it...you shouldn't let the FAA dictate where you work and change your life plans around if you're not dead set you want to do it

Thats one of the funniest things I've read on here!:laff: I agree-I find myself coming on here less and less!

Hilarious!
Anyway, back to the topic at hand do not feel bad, when I spoke to Terri today she told me that on July 9 and 10 she had to move people around because they had already purchased tickets and they really needed those dates, blah, blah, blah. it's a shame they are so unorganized. I have been calling her since Friday inquiring about my confirmation email and all she could do was complain about how she had to go through 800 emails. I am sure it was overwhelming, but show some consideration to ALL people coming from out of town. I am a New Yorker so it really wasn't an issue for me but to have a little over a week to make travel arrangements is just beyond belief!

And people though I was crazy for going non-PEPC.

Airfare = $0

Hotel = $0

Car Rental = $0

FAA mandated changes to above items = $0

Not worrying about the FAA pushing me around any sooner than necessary ...

:D

Geez why do you guys have to gang up on the poor girl...she's obviously very proactively involved in her mate's career...it's a little out of the ordinary, yes, but is it really that bad??? Only qualm I have with it is that I'd expect her boyfriend to be this interested too! BUT like someone else said, if an inconvenient matter like this makes you want to reconsider employment for the FAA, your heart really isn't in it...you shouldn't let the FAA dictate where you work and change your life plans around if you're not dead set you want to do it

I think she knows that I was only being facetious.

I can find a lot of nice qualities about how she actively takes part in the planning of their future...so many partners these days don't give a shi-.

"It happens" you all know.
Its been taken care of just a little ticked I had to change my reservations around. When you receive two previous emails confirming for july9th which is less than two weeks away; you make the reservations. Then when you receive a different date, it kinda throws a wrench into the process. The first post was posted with the frustration this process has provided. For the topic to go off course was a little much.

Anybody else get the email changing to July 11th?

im in the same boat as you. same #### happened to us 30 min ago. i called terri and she said she cant do ####. my bf then called. same story. now we have to change our plans entirely. pay a flight change fee too. welcome to the wonderful world of the faa! :banghead:

I seem to recall a posting of yours that said you already made reservations WITH OUT A PEPC CONFORMATION!!!.....Not to be a dick, but thats what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back