I'm a bad, bad man

Re: I\'m a bad, bad man

I was flying one day and Miami assigned some guy 6666 on the transponder.....after a short pause he asked them if they could "try again"!

We called 66AL "Big Al." I always enjoyed flying it as well. Rumor has it that it landed gear and had to be rebuilt. When it was returned to flight status, the N# was changed, dropping the first six.

I figured Big Al was retired by now with all the new PA 44s coming in.

---

Nigel Moll, a Flying magazine columnist, once wrote that he wanted an airplane with the number N16EL. If you shape the six just right, you can make it look like a G.

[ QUOTE ]
I was flying one day and Miami assigned some guy 6666 on the transponder.....after a short pause he asked them if they could "try again"!

[/ QUOTE ]

The flight immediately after having the fuel selector fail in the "mostly off" position, the same controller that worked the previous unsuccessful flight tried to give me "4666" on the transponder. I told him, "not tonight."

Between gasps of laughter the controller gave me "4667."

There's superstitious, and there's not tempting fate.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Personally, I'd say that unless someone wants you to tattoo "666" on your forehead or hand, then you're probably okay.

[ QUOTE ]
Rev 13:
16. Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, 17. so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name. 18. This calls for wisdom: let him who has understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty-six.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn - better get that tatoo removed.....or is that a birthmark????

wink.gif

Yeah Dave, only 6 old seminoles are still in the fleet, including 66AL. Only use them for step 3. Flew AL this morning by the way.....

I've turned down 666 squawks several times. Only once did a controller give me a hard time about it.

Back