IFR 135 minimums, willing to move most anywhere

durind

I just reached IFR 135 minimums with about 80 hours of multi time. I am currently instructing in the northwest, but starting to be pretty burned out due to the management. I have applied to a fair amount of operators- Cape air, Ameriflight, Airpac, even Chattanooga Skydive in Tennessee to fly their caravan even though I think would melt in the humidity, but so far haven't even heard a word back from them (it has been about 2 weeks since I applied to both airpac and cape air, and 1 week for Ameriflight). Anyone have any other ideas or leads I could follow up on? Thanks in advance!

Dark horse candidate might be Suburban Air Freight out of Omaha. I worked for them for about a year, and they're really good people. "Family" vibe...you might work really hard, but you'll be treated like a human being. I'm sure there are other, similar 135s around where you live...pound the pavement and start nosing around hangars.

Try Airnet?

Thanks, just sent in an application!

Dark horse candidate might be Suburban Air Freight out of Omaha. I worked for them for about a year, and they're really good people. "Family" vibe...you might work really hard, but you'll be treated like a human being. I'm sure there are other, similar 135s around where you live...pound the pavement and start nosing around hangars.

Hmm, I'll have to look in to it, yeah I know there are probably a lot more 135 operators around here I need to go and start knocking on doors and meeting people face to face, I'm not very good at it.

I'm not very good at it.

Nobody is "good at it". Or, maybe more correctly, any good freighthound can sniff out a dude who's "good at it" and put his stuff in the circular file post-haste. Places like that want a guy who's adequate-to-good at flying airplanes, wants to fly airplanes, and hates the Drama. Generally I find that this are not the people who are "good at meeting people". Be honest, be yourself. I predict that you'll be surprised at the doors which will open. Good luck.

Back