If you could go anywhere....

stultus

...in the world, where would you go? The wanderlust is kicking in and since I'm thus far unable to reasonably make it home for Christmas, I'm thinking of burning up a few frequent flier miles and heading somewhere else.

I can go pretty much any where NW (and partners KL, CO, DL) or Star Alliance (UA, LH, SAS) flies, but there has to be award availability. I'm thinking of: Oslo, Paris, Rome (already been, but it's my favorite), Lisbon, et al.

Any suggestions?

I really liked paris! I'd love to go back there or up to alaska when it opens up again...

Outer Banks, The Keys or Hawaii.

Or Mars.
cool.gif

Sydney, Australia is where I suggest you go.
tongue.gif

But for me if I could go anywhere it would be one of these places if not all.....
tongue.gif

Maho Beach
Hawaii
England
Germany
Amsterdam
France
Switzerland
Hong Kong
Singapore
New Zealand
Brazil
Russia

Just a few of the places I hope to visit one day...
grin.gif

Kristie said:[ QUOTE ]
I really liked paris! I'd love to go back there or up to alaska when it opens up again...

[/ QUOTE ]

Who closed Alaska, and why wasn't I notified????
<stomping foot>

[ QUOTE ]

<stomping foot>

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO.... someone has joined the grammar patrol's elite forces! JK, funny observation.

Do Paris, it's a blast. After a few days, rent a car and go drive out in the countryside ... take a couple days down in the Loire Valley if you like wine, as I do. Drink wine, relax in the smaller French towns, eat well. Nice lodging can be had for Motel 6 prices outside of Paris, and its wonderful. Tour a couple of chateaus. I did the Loire in '98 and absolutely loved it.

Or, if you like skiing, use those NWA miles to fly to Zurich or Geneva. From Geneva, Chamonix is an hour's drive and a great town with excellent skiing ... went there last winter and it was a blast.

Bon voyage!

FL270

Do central / northern Italy. The food and wine are excellent, the people are friendly, and you can kick back and relax.

For skiing you can go to the Italian side of the Alps.

I'm not a big "international" guy. I'd rather be in Las Cruses, NM one of the most beautiful places in the world looking over the moutain range, the place where I once lived and my brother died.

If you want to stay in the states, couple of my favorites are Santa Fe, NM, and Sedona, AZ.

Both are getting too commercial, but if you get just a little bit off the beaten path, they're both great locations.

If you are staying in the states, go rent a camper and spend a week in the Yellowstone/Grand Teton area... the coolest place in the states I have yet been... this is the summer idea of course. I also really enjoyed Seattle and British Columbia.

[ QUOTE ]
<stomping foot>

[/ QUOTE ] ohhhh come-ON.. you know what i meant! haha
grin.gif

I mean when the cruiselines start operating again, it warms up and the sun starts to shine in the region....duh!
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Back