If you could go anywhere....

[ QUOTE ]
Any place that is warm with white sand and palm trees ... and rum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Key West sounds like it would fit your requirements. Or how about the Carribean?

That is one place I have never been. One of these days I will head down to Florida, rent a plane, and island hop.

aloha, bruddah. nothing beats picking sand out of your toes in the dead of winter.

Well, in Anchorage the sun is shinning from 10:15AM until 3:43PM and the temp is a nice 2 degrees F. Whats the problem?

[ QUOTE ]
Do central / northern Italy. The food and wine are excellent, the people are friendly, and you can kick back and relax.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I hear...

I can't wait to see Italy!
smile.gif

I'm planning on going early next winter...

[ QUOTE ]
Well, in Anchorage the sun is shinning from 10:15AM until 3:43PM and the temp is a nice 2 degrees F. Whats the problem?

[/ QUOTE ] Really???? I thought it was dark all day up there about this time of year?! if i'm wrong - my bad!!!
blush.gif

so what do you wear on a nice 2 degree temp day?? do you layer up or just use really heavy heavy warm hooded jackets?
grin.gif

Ding Ding Ding. And the winner is:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...well kinda, anyway...heading out the door right now to the desert...gonna check out the Joshua Tree area (had it narrowed down to Monterey/Carmel, Napa, or the desert).

Thanks to everyone for the advice. Ruled out flying anywhere after I took some friends to LAX yesterday to catch their flights home---what a freakish nightmare! Plus I couldn't find any award ticket availabilty to anywhere other than a few cities in Europe, and Tokyo--pretty much nothing to most of the places you guys suggested. So I guess those miles will just have to keep burning a whole in my pocket.

And rasuda, What The Fargo?. That's the worst advice I've ever received from anyone.
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MMMM... Rum!

This last week I tried Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum for the first time... Good stuff!!

Back