If you are realllyy bored...

[ QUOTE ]
If any of you are ever in the Las Vegas vicinity, you can actually visit the "Area 51" border and its neighboring small cities (such as Rachel - home of the many UFO nuts and high-priced, low octane gasoline). The drive is about 2 hours away from Vegas (one-way) through extremely rural areas of Nevada, including Highway 395.

I went in the spring of 2000... I thought it was pretty exciting.

Now only if I can fly there... ehhh nevermind.
blush.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumor has it, and granted, this is a rumor that I heard from an air traffic controller riding the jumpseat from KSLC to KBIL.

But according to him, a TWA MD-80 experiencing a cargo fire indication supposedly did a emergency landing at the facility, interrogated the crew and passengers then subsequentially bused them out and did whatever with the airplane.

I'm not saying it happened and really have no opinion on the validity of the story, just being a conduit for gossip!
smile.gif

Ha! Doug, your post reminds me of that skit from "In Living Color" (or was it "Mad TV"?)

"you didn't hear it from me... `cause I ain't one to gossip."
grin.gif

IF you want to see soemthing neat, find JFK, there is a concorde parked at the terminal...how many people can find it? Here is a hint, if you can find the control tower its is to the left of that...

[ QUOTE ]
IF you want to see soemthing neat, find JFK, there is a concorde parked at the terminal...how many people can find it? Here is a hint, if you can find the control tower its is to the left of that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Rausda, I found it and it took around 20 minutes. I don't know anything about the NYC area so I used my U.S. map. I thought I had found JFK, but I couldn't find all the runways that the taxiway diagram for JFK had displayed on AOPA online. Turned out it was LGA, so then it took a minute or so to find JFK and the concorde. Very Cool!

Yup thats it...good timing I guess, I was actually looking aJFK to see if it was there..just happened to be on the ramp when the satellite took the photo...

Back