If you are realllyy bored...

rausda27

Terraserver has satellite photos of pretty much anywhere in the United State. Check out the famous places and see all the mothballed B-52's in Tuscon....I even found my old house in upstate NY...

Terra Server

[ QUOTE ]
Terraserver has satellite photos of pretty much anywhere in the United State. Check out the famous places and see all the mothballed B-52's in Tuscon....I even found my old house in upstate NY...

Terra Server

[/ QUOTE ]

How about Area 51/Groom Lake?

If you know where it is...try and find it...you can click on the map and transistion in cardinal directions..so who knows...

Do a advanced search for Edwards AFB, they actually have a huge compass rose inscribed in the ground...

Funny thing..you're right, I could spend lots of time finding things to look at........pretty cool.

Very cool; definately something to do if you're bored.
grin.gif

ha, thats cool....I found my parents farm up in NY.

Thanks rausda!
cool.gif

(P.S.- I can't imagine YOU being bored....
wink.gif
)

You can get even higher resolution color pictures from GlobeXplorer. Unfortunately the pictures are watermarked, but are still pretty cool. You can purchase prints, too.

Here's my street. You can even see my neighbors' dark blue Jeep Cherokee and blue-green Pontiac Grand Am.

[ QUOTE ]
How about Area 51/Groom Lake?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just tried that. I went and looked at Alamo, NV, which is the closest town to Groom Lake. Then I moved a little west, and guess what?

When you try to center it on Groom Lake, you can't get down past the city resolution. You can see the runways and that there are some buildings, but that's it.

So you can't see the alien ship that Will Smith flew in "Independence Day."

Gee, I wonder why you can't zoom down to the house level for Groom Lake?

smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gee, I wonder why you can't zoom down to the house level for Groom Lake?

smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"Copy Unit 6 checking in, we've got a make on the guy hacking the Area 51 resolution pic jamming......we got him...his name is TonyW....all units move in..."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
"Copy Unit 6 checking in, we've got a make on the guy hacking the Area 51 resolution pic jamming......we got him...his name is TonyW....all units move in..."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, all I remember is a flashing bright light, and then, just this message on my screen. Something about putting on sunglasses, too.

Weird.

grin.gif

If any of you are ever in the Las Vegas vicinity, you can actually visit the "Area 51" border and its neighboring small cities (such as Rachel - home of the many UFO nuts and high-priced, low octane gasoline). The drive is about 2 hours away from Vegas (one-way) through extremely rural areas of Nevada, including Highway 395.

I went in the spring of 2000... I thought it was pretty exciting.

Now only if I can fly there... ehhh nevermind.
blush.gif
grin.gif

Back