If you are not on a referral list, what were your geo prefs?

HonuPineapple

Hey folks,

Would you mind doing a favor for those of us in PUBNAT3 who are about to get geographic preference e-mails?
This will help us see if there are locations that aren't worth putting down.

If you did not get placed on a referral list, could you please state:

AT-SAT score:
States selected:
Counties selected (if any):
Terminal/En Route/Both:
Comment field entry (if any):

This process is starting to slow down a lot; it would be great if we can prevent some folks' having to wait for the next PUBNAT because of putting down bad choices. PUBNAT3 is already delayed (details here).

Thanks so much! And if you didn't get on a list I'm really sorry! :(

Re: If you are not on a referral list, what were your geo pr

My situation may be a little different from others on the PUBNAT2 but I'll reply anyway.

GA Enroute only

I was on the PUBNAT1 and was given a TOL for my choice of ZTL but it was ammended to go to Memphis at the last second. So I declined in hopes of getting ZTL this time around.

EDIT:

I read this title wrong, I'm actually ON the referral list so disregard this message heh..

i dont think people did not make referral lists based on geo prefs. i think it has to do with their eligibility. (i.e...work/college experience)

i dont think people did not make referral lists based on geo prefs. i think it has to do with their eligibility. (i.e...work/college experience)

I'm not sure about that. If you don't meet the qualifications, then you don't get scheduled for the AT-SAT. So everyone who gets geo prefs should be qualified.

(I think)

Georgia and Tennessee, Terminal and En-route.

In my comments I stated I wanted ZTL, PDK and CHA in that order. I tried making it as clear as possible that I wouldn't go anywhere else in Tennessee, though I'm hoping it won't get to that point anyway.

My situation may be a little different from others on the PUBNAT2 but I'll reply anyway.

GA Enroute only

I was on the PUBNAT1 and was given a TOL for my choice of ZTL but it was ammended to go to Memphis at the last second. So I declined in hopes of getting ZTL this time around.

EDIT:

I read this title wrong, I'm actually ON the referral list so disregard this message heh..

Did you apply for PUBNAT2 as well? It isn't an automatic process, you know.

I'm not sure about that. If you don't meet the qualifications, then you don't get scheduled for the AT-SAT. So everyone who gets geo prefs should be qualified.

(I think)

thats not true because ive seen plenty of people on here who took the test and then the FAA told them they didnt meet the qualifications

(I think)

The guy I saw on here picked CA and IOWA and scored a 74.
I think the score matters and the geo pref matters..

For Instance Guy 1 and Guy 2 score a 79 on the AT-SAT
Guy 1 Chooses Florida and Georgia
Guy 2 Chooses North Dakota and Montana

Florida and Georgia need x amount of controllers and a large group is trying to go there. They may say...ok we want to see all qualified applicants with a score of 89 and above.

North Dakota and Montana has x amount of applicants and a smaller group of applicants are trying to go there. They might say....ok we want to see all applicants with a score of 79 and above.

So Guy 2 gets a referral letter... Guy 1 gets to wait for the next pubnat.

just my idea of what happens

GA Enroute only

Good luck getting into ZTL the second time around. That's so messed up they "amended" like that.

Perhaps a better thread to make for PUBNAT3'ers benefit would be to ask, "If you scored well qualified but did not get an interview, what were your geographic preferences?". I think that question will give them an even better feel of how in demand a state is. Of course, a thread like that would have to wait till late sept/early oct to be made to analyze PUBNAT2's results, and if PUBNAT3 geo. pref's go out soon, there may not be time for it.

The guy I saw on here picked CA and IOWA and scored a 74.
I think the score matters and the geo pref matters..

For Instance Guy 1 and Guy 2 score a 79 on the AT-SAT
Guy 1 Chooses Florida and Georgia
Guy 2 Chooses North Dakota and Montana

Florida and Georgia need x amount of controllers and a large group is trying to go there. They may say...ok we want to see all qualified applicants with a score of 89 and above.

North Dakota and Montana has x amount of applicants and a smaller group of applicants are trying to go there. They might say....ok we want to see all applicants with a score of 79 and above.

So Guy 2 gets a referral letter... Guy 1 gets to wait for the next pubnat.

just my idea of what happens

That is exactly what happens...

That is exactly what happens...
That is my understanding of it as well. I am going to use 50 as the example number, although I am sure it is a larger number:

Say each state needs 50 controllers and only 49 people choose WV for their geo-prefs. Well, all 49 of those applicants (assuming they are qualified) will be chosen for WV.

But, say 300 people choose FL and the FAA only needs 50 people, only the top 50 will be chosen, even if 100 of those applicants are well qualified, only the top 50 applicants will be chosen.

Assuming this is true, I would think it would be best to select a state that not everyone is going to. I remember in PUBNAT 1 there was a guy that got a 70 on the test and choose WV, he was selected.

That is my understanding of it as well. I am going to use 50 as the example number, although I am sure it is a larger number:

Say each state needs 50 controllers and only 49 people choose WV for their geo-prefs. Well, all 49 of those applicants (assuming they are qualified) will be chosen for WV.

But, say 300 people choose FL and the FAA only needs 50 people, only the top 50 will be chosen, even if 100 of those applicants are well qualified, only the top 50 applicants will be chosen.

Assuming this is true, I would think it would be best to select a state that not everyone is going to. I remember in PUBNAT 1 there was a guy that got a 70 on the test and choose WV, he was selected.

Yeah this sounds like what may have been my problem. I got a 97 on AT SAT, and didnt get an interview. My preferences: GA and TX.

So far for states that didn't get referred we have:

2 Georgia
1 Texas
1 Tennessee

Yeah this sounds like what may have been my problem. I got a 97 on AT SAT, and didnt get an interview. My preferences: GA and TX.

Same preferences here, but with a 100 on the AT SAT...

According to a unnamed person in the FAA that I know, you will get a shot with a score over 90, but it might take some time since the Southeast is a highly desired area of the country.

Same preferences here, but with a 100 on the AT SAT...

According to a unnamed person in the FAA that I know, you will get a shot with a score over 90, but it might take some time since the Southeast is a highly desired area of the country.

Did you not make the referral list either?

If so I'll go ahead and update to:

3 Georgia
2 Texas
1 Tennessee

Did you not make the referral list either?

If so I'll go ahead and update to:

3 Georgia
2 Texas
1 Tennessee

It was in reference to the first PUB. I didn't get choosen for a PEPC after PUB1, but have a chance this time around...again...

I was providing backing for Tyson's comment about not getting picked for a PEPC in the first PUB because we put highly sought after areas.

These are people who chose terminal only correct? I am fairly sure TX & GA are taking en routes.

Yes, I chose terminal only for GA and TX. I have a feeling I might get a terminal spot in GA this time around...

Boooo! All this talk is scaring me now 'cuz I picked FL & GA...Terminal only. :whatever:

Back