If the thing was built in Germany...

Burrito

You ARE Freaking out. Man.
...why aren't we calling it "das Boos" instead?
Toulouse I get, but Finkenwerder...

Just a thought from Oh Hare while I wait for my name to be called on this Eagle Flight back to work.

Feel free to ignore.

Just a thought from Oh Hare while I wait for my name to be called on this Eagle Flight back to work.

Feel free to ignore.

Because 'Bus' is masculine in gender, so it would be 'Der Boos'?

Finkenwerder is a suburb of Hamburg, which you might have heard of if only out of a desire to put bacon and cheese on it.

People buy BMWs because they have a sense of square head solidity to them, although they actually just break all the time and cost a fortune to repair. People don't buy Peugeots because they're effete and French, in spite of the fact that French cars pretty much owned the Dakar for 50 years. You figure it out.

suburb of Hamburg, which you might have heard of if only out of a desire to put bacon and cheese on it.

I believe that's where the Hamburglar is from too

giphy1.gif

People buy BMWs because they have a sense of square head solidity to them, although they actually just break all the time and cost a fortune to repair. People don't buy Peugeots because they're effete and French, in spite of the fact that French cars pretty much owned the Dakar for 50 years. You figure it out.
And we pwned Germany.

Twice.

My first car was a Peugeot 205GTi. Not effete. Did break.

Thank you for paying the Russians to fight the Nazis. I'm glad we could broker the deal.

How like a Brit. Thanks for all of the civilization, but next time save it yourselves. *raises Atlantic drawbridge*. Sheesh, about the time you forget why our hatbuckle wearing insane religious nut ancestors got on leaky boats to get away from these people...

How like a Brit. Thanks for all of the civilization, but next time save it yourselves. *raises Atlantic drawbridge*. Sheesh, about the time you forget why our hatbuckle wearing insane religious nut ancestors got on leaky boats to get away from these people...

You did better than Australia, they got the criminals. And whatever happened to the hatbuckle, anyway? Ultimate hipster fashion statement!

Feel free to ignore.

What about the ones built in Alabama?

My limited exposure to German engineering was the Diamond Twinstar's Thielert engine many moons ago when I was but a young pup. My impression at the time was "ve engineered zis flugzeugengine perfektly, vy vould you ever have to vork on it?". And then when something that was elegantly engineered but also just not strong/good enough broke a) the tech support people were shocked and b) fixing it was a right pain in the rear due to access or wonky design.

Back