If Martha King wasn't so good looking.......

clayfenderstrat

I am going to start my IR training and want to get the ground school and written out of the way. Which course would you recommend? King Schools, Sporty's, something else? I have heard multiple comments on how good looking :drool:Martha:drool: is, but looks aside, what will give me the most bang for my buck?

Thanks for the help!

I think the Jepp will take you a long way by itself. Between that and the IPH and IFH I was able to teach myself.

I am going to start my IR training and want to get the ground school and written out of the way. Which course would you recommend? King Schools, Sporty's, something else? I have heard multiple comments on how good looking :drool:Martha:drool: is, but looks aside, what will give me the most bang for my buck?

Thanks for the help!

Sporty's.

Don't let Martha's looks fool you, though. She's a heck of a cool cat and certainly knows a bit of stuff you may never hear about... :rolleyes:
You don't make millions in this industry for being overly focussed on looks.

ASA is the cheapest, but their stuff is decent at best when it comes to home study and written prep. Jeppesen guides are really good, the DVDs were excellent. Kings are good too but they're really expensive.

I used the King computer DVD course when I did the instrument stuff. It allowed allowed me to prep for the exam and actually taught me the material. I couldn't have been happier with my choice.

Kings.... Can be a little hard on you with the bad jokes, but if stick to it they'll teach you everything you need to pass the written with a high score. I've never got less than a 97 with John & Martha

I have one Kings video, a DVD my CFI gave me. Why I'll never buy another.

"And signs that lead you to a destination are called, and are ya ready for this?...Destination signs! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!" to the point where John seems like he's about to foam at the mouth and bite the head off the camera man. A whole 20 hours of that stuff? No thanks.

Martha King is another story...but those are mostly home videos.

I was always a fan of Jepp, bit it has been quite a while since I last cracked an aviation book.

Thanks for the help guys. It looks like King Schools has the majority of the votes. JEPP is also pretty popular. Sporty's is in last.:confused: Keep the votes coming. Are Martha's jokes really that bad?

Sporty's

Amazing graphics and great explinations.

Martha and John have me yawning in minutes everytime I have to watch one of their boring and stale videos.

Sporty's

Amazing graphics and great explinations.

Martha and John have me yawning in minutes everytime I have to watch one of their boring and stale videos.
I agree. I saw the demos of the King course and it looked kinda boring. I am using the sporty's PPL kit to help me get my PPL, and it seems like it couldn't be better. I have gone through some of the sporty's instrument DVDs and they seem to be just as good.

Go with sporty's.

I agree. I saw the demos of the King course and it looked kinda boring. I am using the sporty's PPL kit to help me get my PPL, and it seems like it couldn't be better. I have gone through some of the sporty's instrument DVDs and they seem to be just as good.

Go with sporty's.

John and Martha give me the urge to go out and beat a child. Just read the damn 20 dollar Gleim book for the written and then the FAA books along with the PTS. O wait this is America I forgot...why read a book when we can plop a DVD into the Entertainment Center.

Back