If it's Boeing, I guess I'm going

Reduced from LAX 320 CA to LAX 73G CA.
8.5 yrs and 6,400 hrs on the Bus. I will miss it.

The bid had - 40 CAs, FOs from Airbus and + 40 CAs, FOs to Boeing. At our shop vacancies are done first on the bid and then reductions are processed. As a result, CA vacancies ended up going senior and then of course the junior guys get displaced. LAX 73G only had 5 CA vacancies so I got the position as a result of being reduced myself and then using displacement rights into LAX Boeing at which point the plug(s) get pushed out. This is the second time I'm displacing into a CA position because I got my current position when NYC closed and I displaced to the west coast. Anyway, several guys were downgraded on this bid as a result of these forced displacements. Unfortunately there will only be more reductions out of Airbus and hopefully equal amounts of vacancies to the Boeing. The Bus guys who are senior will continue coming into Boeing bases and pushing juniors down/out.

Most junior systemwide CA now is 6 years, ANC CA hired 08/2014. We did have some CAs with 2015 DOHs but not anymore. With the Bus fleet going from 71 to 30 by next Summer, it's only gonna get worse. :(

Time to start learning what all those clocks are on the overhead panel! Training will start as early as Aug 31 but most likely in September.

4c1tfk.jpg

Last edited:
At least we are still working for now. The FA's are getting treated even worse. They'll be furloughed so they can be forced out of their base.

If you've ever flown a KA 200 the 73 flies just like that. But faster. There's not much to worry about although it did feel like stepping into a museum on the first day of the real sim.

If you ever want to go on that hike and watch airplanes pass overhead on the Mountain1 sipping cold IPA let me know.

Reduced from LAX 320 CA to LAX 73G CA.
8.5 yrs and 6,400 hrs on the Bus. I will miss it.

The bid had - 40 CAs, FOs from Airbus and + 40 CAs, FOs to Boeing. At our shop vacancies are done first on the bid and then reductions are processed. As a result, CA vacancies ended up going senior and then of course the junior guys get displaced. LAX 73G only had 5 CA vacancies so I got the position as a result of being reduced myself and then using displacement rights into LAX Boeing at which point the plug(s) get pushed out. This is the second time I'm displacing into a CA position because I got my current position when NYC closed and I displaced to the west coast. Anyway, several guys were downgraded on this bid as a result of these forced displacements. Unfortunately there will only be more reductions out of Airbus and hopefully equal amounts of vacancies to the Boeing. The Bus guys who are senior will continue coming into Boeing bases and pushing juniors down/out.

Most junior systemwide CA now is 6 years, ANC CA hired 08/2014. We did have some CAs with 2015 DOHs but not anymore. With the Bus fleet going from 71 to 30 by next Summer, it's only gonna get worse. :(

Time to start learning what all those clocks are on the overhead panel! Training will start as early as Aug 31 but most likely in September.

4c1tfk.jpg
Nice Rock reference...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Funny that your shop calls the 737NG as “73G”. Whereas at Delta, for example, “73N” is the NG, and “73G” was the -300/EFIS, back when. Which, oddly, was a separate bid category from “737”, which was -200/300 round dials. Even though there’s little difference between a round dial and an EFIS bird.

Welcome to the 73. Granted, no tried and true Jurassic for you, but the NG is cool too. :)

Funny that your shop calls the 737NG as “73G”. Whereas at Delta, for example, “73N” is the NG, and “73G” was the -300/EFIS, back when. Which, oddly, was a separate bid category from “737”, which was -200/300 round dials. Even though there’s little difference between a round dial and an EFIS bird.

Welcome to the 73. Granted, no tried and true Jurassic for you, but the NG is cool too. :)

I know there used to be a 734 designation so that would have been the EFIS versions. Not sure if AS called the 737-200 as 732.

Now I get a HUD. Isn't that what you use to get a lock on someone and shoot them down? That's what Hollywood has led me to believe.

I know there used to be a 734 designation so that would have been the EFIS versions. Not sure if AS called the 737-200 as 732.

Now I get a HUD. Isn't that what you use to get a lock on someone and shoot them down? That's what Hollywood has led me to believe.

It's the thing that you are going to WANG! your head on instead of the weirdly tinted orange sun shade. Probably hurts more.

Actually, if you are anything like me, you'll eventually hit every single toggle switch and anything sticking out of the overhead panel. (Which I did on the DC-9/MD-80 all the time it seemed.) I like the Bus overhead panel. Smooth.

Or maybe it's for this:

bcY0mT3.jpg

It's the thing that you are going to WANG! your head on instead of the weirdly tinted orange sun shade. Probably hurts more.

Actually, if you are anything like me, you'll eventually hit every single toggle switch and anything sticking out of the overhead panel. (Which I did on the DC-9/MD-80 all the time it seemed.) I like the Bus overhead panel. Smooth.

Or maybe it's for this:

bcY0mT3.jpg

As a FO on the Bus more than once I hit my head on the on/off toggle switch of the RMP 3.

“Level change, speed 190, flaps 1, PDC” or something like that.

It's not a bad airplane. It would be interesting to hear your perspective after having flown it for a while.

Are all of you guys hitting your head on the switches tall? Because I haven't heard that complaint from anywhere other than here.

Back