If anybody needs.....

mtsu_av8er

...Instrument instruction, then I'm your man!!! Passed my CFI-I this afternoon!!! It was my initial (don't ask why....just needed to be different
grin.gif
), and made for a long day!! I'll be posting the details here very soon, but for now let's just say I need an adult beverage!!!

Congrats to you on the job well done! And best of luck 'rounding up students, I hope all goes well for you.

Have fun, Blue Skies...

[ QUOTE ]
Nice. Are you going to go solo or try to get on with a company somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

He's wanted back in the Corps............
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
...Instrument instruction, then I'm your man!!! Passed my CFI-I this afternoon!!! It was my initial (don't ask why....just needed to be different
grin.gif
), and made for a long dayu I'll be posting the details here very soon, but for now let's just say I need an adult beverage!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations! Or is it "Congradulatoins?" (I dunno, I was an Air Science grad!)

CFI-I is by far the most rewarding instruction you'll do because those are skills you'll use for the rest of your career. The same way you try to convince your student he's screwing up the procedure turn is about the same as it is convincing the captain that he's turning the wrong way in the hold!
smile.gif

Besides, I got my MEI but haven't done a "drag demo" in 7 years!!

Thanks alot, everyone!!

It didn't really hit home until the examiner, and all of the CFI's around the flight school started talking about "The responsibility involved with teaching...". But I can't wait to start actually giving some instruction!!

One of the reasons I decided to do the CFI-I initially was because I ALWAYS fly IFR....I've got tons of instrument time, and I feel the most comfortable when flying IFR. Lot's of CFI's limit themselves to VFR flying, because they feel the most comfortable doing it. Although I plan on adding my CFI here very soon, I think I'd like to specialize in instrument instruction (don't get me wrong...I'm not kicking a student out of bed because she want......oh, my bad....).l ANYHOO....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice. Are you going to go solo or try to get on with a company somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

He's wanted back in the Corps............
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HEy, MikeD...I have actually considered it....talked to the OSO and everything....then I went and talked to the Army Warrant Officer Guys....they'd both be cool, but I just don't know if I have the motivations anymore!!!!

I do miss those dress blues, though....

[ QUOTE ]
HEy, MikeD...I have actually considered it....talked to the OSO and everything....then I went and talked to the Army Warrant Officer Guys....they'd both be cool, but I just don't know if I have the motivations anymore!!!!

I do miss those dress blues, though....

[/ QUOTE ]

MTSU,

Can you still qual on the M-16?
laugh.gif

Yes, of course...and I can still run 3 miles in 19:00....ok, ok...let me stop lying to myself!!! Sometimes, it's just a challenge getting off of the toilet!!!!

M-16? Some things you never forget!!!!
grin.gif

Yeah, CFI-I work is good times.....

I love my private and commercial students, and I've got much better stick and rudder skills because of that instruction, but it's physically more demanding work than doing instrument instruction.

Enjoy your CFI-I time, it's rewarding and relaxing!!

Back