Icom Ic-a23

bap327

I have had this since I was a student pilot a few years ago. In great shape and ready to go. I think I paid $400 for it but will sell it for $200 plus the actual shipping. If you want it let me know and lets work out a deal.

Fly the airwaves with the latest ICOM airband transceiver! The IC-A23 is nearly half the size of the IC-A22, and another third as small as the IC-A21, yet it is every inch an ICOM, chock full of the useful features you've come to rely on. Its palm size is very convenient for carrying on your belt with the supplied belt clip. The IC-A23 has water resistant construction, equivalent to JIS-4 grade, which allows safe operation in rainy conditions. The IC-A23 has a VOR navigation function which indicates the bearing to or from the VOR station. A Course Deviation Indicator (CDI) shows the deviation between your flying course and the desired course. In CDI mode, the ABSS (Auto Bearing Set System) function allows you to center your flying course in one touch.

General Specifications

* Compact and water-resistant construction
* 30% smaller than the IC-A22/IC-A3
* Dimensions: 2 9/32(W) X 4 7/32(H) X 1 1/8(D) in.
* Water resistant to JIS 4 specifications
* Full 5 Watt output power (1.5 W PEP)
* Receive and transmit on all 760 channels (118.000 MHz - 136.975 MHz)
* VOR navigation (Rx only) 108.000 MHz - 117.975 MHz
* CDI (Course Deviation Indicator)
* Navigate to and from the VOR station
* Auto Bearing Set System
* Semi-duplex operation in navigation mode
* 25 kHz tuning steps
* Easy to operate
* Well labeled and well spaced keys
* Large LCD display
* Reversible analog rotary selector and digital Up/Down switches
* Voice recording and playback function
* Records incoming transmissions
* Records voice messages
* Transmits stored messages
* 200 memory channels (20 Ch. X 10 banks) with 6 character names
* PC programmable functions and memory channels
* User programmable controls
* One touch access to 121.5 MHz emergency channel
* Large capacity Ni-MH battery pack
* NOAA weather channels and Duplex operation
* Innovative "TAG" scanning and memory bank scanning
* ANL (Auto Noise Limiter) for noise reduction
* Low battery alert
* Back lit display and keypad for night operation

The user's manual can be downloaded at http://www.usersmanualguide.com/icom/air_band/ic-a23

I have been looking for a transceiver. I found an ICOM A23 on ebay for $100 . Google located a pilot website offering a new ICOM NAV/COM A24 for $285 they will include shipping.

How old is the rechargeable battery?

How long is it holding a charge?

What size is the battery.

Reason I ask, a replacement battery cost ....off brand small cap.$45 or 1450 Ni-HM mAH ICOM $65 plus shipping

Do you have any options......case, car charge, AA batterie pack, ect.....

Can you send pictures showing condition.

Are you entertaining offers.....

Battery is a 9.6V, it holds a charge, this thing has only been lightly used when I was an airport rat and used to listen to the tower. I would call this mint condition. I only have the ac charger and would pay the shipping if you wanted it. I just want it gone but don't want to give it away.

I appreciate the response.....

I owned a ICOM which I purchase new about 6years ago, great nav/com. Yet, unlike your experience with the battery mine did not last much more that 18mons with min. use.

If I had to replace the battery on your A-23, I'm in it for $200 plus a new battery. Looking at a newer model A-24 Nav/Com for $285 deal I found online the savings would have to be greater for me.

Good luck with your sale.

Back