I think Boeing is going to poop itself (Airbus buys 51% of C Series Production)

I thought the same thing. I want it to work out for the C Series, but why is Delta the only major order from the US so far?

This is exactly why I think Delta played a huge role in this. The 350 is just coming online with them, and the C series was basically dealt a death blow. Seems like they probably had a lot of leverage with Airbus, and used it, I would have too. I just hope for the sake of my friends there, that it wasn't shady. Boeing isn't just going to let this go.

If this deal falls apart, Delta is going to lose a lot of money. They've got the training program spun up, guys have already been to school, MX has been trained, everything it seems is in place, except for the airplane being on property.

Was there not a discussion here in either this thread, or the other one, that had instructors trained, and MX guys trained for the thing?

More like some "train the trainer" from Bombardier but it's not like there's hundreds of people sitting around doing nothing that's going to cripple the company if there's a program delay. Delta is a really big machine.

More like some "train the trainer" from Bombardier but it's not like there's hundreds of people sitting around doing nothing that's going to cripple the company if there's a program delay. Delta is a really big machine.

I didn't say it would cripple the company. But it would be expensive.

What? Bro we gotta have a heart to heart on that post
Back when a gal was a gal and a fellow didn't use getting kicked out of Vegas night clubs as an excuse to explore his sexuality in the crowded backseat of a taxi cab full of strangers. Am I right?
hat?

"The deal – for 20 Boeing 777-9s and 19 787-10 “Dreamliners" – would be valued at $13.8 billion at list prices, though big carriers typically negotiate substantial discounts on such orders. Reuters suggests "the deal is estimated to be closer to $6.5 billion in value," according to estimates from the investment banking firm Jeffries."

So selling 39 large widebodies for less than half their original list price. But OMG! Bombardier selling DIRT CHEAP C-Series! Evil! #tariffs #helpusgovernment #banthem

"The deal – for 20 Boeing 777-9s and 19 787-10 “Dreamliners" – would be valued at $13.8 billion at list prices, though big carriers typically negotiate substantial discounts on such orders. Reuters suggests "the deal is estimated to be closer to $6.5 billion in value," according to estimates from the investment banking firm Jeffries."

So selling 39 large widebodies for less than half their original list price. But OMG! Bombardier selling DIRT CHEAP C-Series! Evil! #tariffs #helpusgovernment #banthem

Yup. THAT just happened.

The issue at play is foreign government subsidizing the production of those airplanes.

China is dumping a lot of stuff such as steel and solar panels which put US businesses out of, well, business. This is a big deal. I'm all for fair competition but it's similar to the ME3 and their alleged subsidies lowering the cost of operation to where US airlines can't even come close.

You're
all for fair competition
What about fairness of mft plants moving about the U.S.?
Why is Boeing in SC ? and many other recent moves.
Production moves within the U.S. from IN to TX, WA to SC and elsewhere, in almost all cases generous incentives offered by the gaining state and gaining community to the for-profit corporation coupled with favorable tax and labor policies like right-to-work (anti-union) laws closed the deal.
Some say, well the jobs are still in the U.S., still jobs were lost and communities impacted with those good paying positions moving elsewhere.

You're
What about fairness of mft plants moving about the U.S.?
Why is Boeing in SC ? and many other recent moves.
Production moves within the U.S. from IN to TX, WA to SC and elsewhere, in almost all cases generous incentives offered by the gaining state and gaining community to the for-profit corporation coupled with favorable tax and labor policies like right-to-work (anti-union) laws closed the deal.
Some say, well the jobs are still in the U.S., still jobs were lost and communities impacted with those good paying positions moving elsewhere.
Again all a moot point because the tariffs have to do with subsidizing foreign product not US based stuff.

If China wanted to make super cheap solar panels here I’m all for it, I will gladly allow them to spend their money and put US Americans to work...

If China ... allow them to spend their money and put US Americans to work...
You see no issue with states spending BIG state gov't monies to lure jobs from other states or foreign nations, be it right to work South Carolina spending BIG gov't $$ to outbid WA and other states to lure Boeing from WA state or right-to-work Alabama spending BIG gov't $ to outbid other states and lure Bombardier to their state.

I mention SC ranked 6th overall and AL ranked 4th as two very GOP states most dependent on the federal treasury to fund state spending, according to the https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

You see no issue with states spending BIG state gov't monies to lure jobs from other states or foreign nations, be it right to work South Carolina spending BIG gov't $$ to outbid WA and other states to lure Boeing from WA state or right-to-work Alabama spending BIG gov't $ to outbid other states and lure Bombardier to their state.

I mention SC ranked 6th overall and AL ranked 4th as two very GOP states most dependent on the federal treasury to fund state spending, according to the https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/
I don’t like it and have said in the past I would support federal laws preventing states from selectively targeting specific companies in their tax breaks. My main reasoning is it gives companies an unfair advantage over others BUT as of now there are no laws preventing it.

I’m fine with states lowering tax rates in general to attract busninesses however. Competition is a good thing, in general.

states lowering tax rates in general to attract busninesses however. Competition is a good thing, in general.
NO problem with states sending more to the feds than they receive, but states already dependent on the Feds cutting their taxes, spending gov't monies to lure companies away as with SC taking jobs away from WA, a state who sends more to the feds than they receive....
That is all wrong ...
https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/#red-vs-blue

Last edited:
NO problem with states sending more to the feds than they receive, but states already dependent on the Feds cutting their taxes, spending gov't monies to lure companies away as with SC taking jobs away from WA, a state who sends more to the feds than they receive....
That is all wrong ...
https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/#red-vs-blue

SC based plants also likely pay their employees less who, in turn, contribute less in tax monies to the federal government. Basically the federal government is being taken on a ride where the states who contribute more now aren't able to because the states who contribute less are taking all the good jobs.

$numbers are used to argue any and all positions, so here is another take on Boeing.

"South Carolina beat Washington state for an assembly plant for Boeing's 787 Dreamliner. The North Charleston, S.C., plant has received more than $1 billion in incentives. But Washington's $12 billion in Boeing subsidies could keep more jobs from flying south."

(c)2015 McClatchy Washington Bureau
http://www.governing.com/topics/finance/tns-boeing-state-local-tax-incentives.html

Back