I think Boeing is going to poop itself (Airbus buys 51% of C Series Production)

LOL No about 12 years prior to that. Used to ride them several times a month ICT - STL during the days of 767 Tanker program
By then TWA and Wichita had come a long way from when you got out of the Navy, Old Man Skibo.
edc3123142a0aa5b943b466a5b0894f2--mid-continent-vintage-airline.jpg

THAT Boeing could kick almost anyone's ass. The current Boeing feels like a bunch of triggered businessmen that want to bring back the Chevy Cavalier instead of building the next Tesla Model S.

I did love my 1987 Cavalier Z24. It was sapphire blue and had a growly V6. It was my first car.

Forecasting is predicting future sales not physically manipulating them to trick investors. I don't think that is against the rules. I believe that's what Max was referring to.

I sit on forecast calls regularly. Greg Bear writes more believable fiction than I often hear on these things.

I sit on forecast calls regularly. Greg Bear writes more believable fiction than I often hear on these things.

The only time you can trust a salesperson on how good their pipeline is looking is when their lips aren't moving.

I'm sure @seagull knows, but I still don't understand the idea of fly by wire with a trim switch.

It is pretty odd considering that it is only what the pilot is perceiving, the stab is actually trimming like the Bus to reduce drag it just feeds in control column pressure to make the pilot oblivious to that fact.

The idea is to give the airplane conventional feel while still taking advantage of the efficiency gains.

@milleR -

This is precisely why we register pipeline deals. We don't question the pipeline because we know what's there.

It's the commit and upside numbers we wonder about.

@milleR -

This is precisely why we register pipeline deals. We don't question the pipeline because we know what's there.

It's the commit and upside numbers we wonder about.

You guys use different terminology than we do I think. Since we switched to Salesforce last year it’s not so much opportunity pipeline visibility that’s a problem (for me that is, it can be a real problem for my guys that aren’t making their numbers) but it’s getting accurate expected book dates and a thorough analysis of our competition that gives me heartburn.

Otherwise it’s basically a math problem- X opportunity x Y win/loss ratio (typically 30% for my people) = expected bookings. I’ve looked at it 6 ways from Sunday and this almost always works out to be true.

“Bombardier asked for an ambulance and Airbus sent a hearse,” said one person with close ties to the company.

Ouch
I thought the same thing. I want it to work out for the C Series, but why is Delta the only major order from the US so far?

I thought the same thing. I want it to work out for the C Series, but why is Delta the only major order from the US so far?

Probably because Delta is the only one of the big 3 who is taking back some of the traditional "regional' routes. This past four day trip, just about everywhere I went in a 700 or 900 there was a Delta MD-88. American and United haven't really gone that route yet.

JetBlue is in the middle of a “Fleet Review,” with the results to be announced by February. This deal has changed the likelihood that the E190 will go away here, in my (uneducated) opinion.

JetBlue is in the middle of a “Fleet Review,” with the results to be announced by February. This deal has changed the likelihood that the E190 will go away here, in my (uneducated) opinion.

We had a final "fleet decision" to be announced by Dec/Jan as well, but now that's been postponed indefinitely and the Buses will be around for 'a long time' of at least 5 or 6 years. That's basically when their leases start running out mostly in 2020-2024. They probably realized if we're gonna merge with jetBlue in a couple years, it doesn't make sense to just throw the Bus fleet away ;)

We had a final "fleet decision" to be announced by Dec/Jan as well, but now that's been postponed indefinitely and the Buses will be around for 'a long time' of at least 5 or 6 years. That's basically when their leases start running out mostly in 2020-2024. They probably realized if we're gonna merge with jetBlue in a couple years, it doesn't make sense to just throw the Bus fleet away ;)

Uh huh, just start working on thinking about using trim again and find that tiny rollerboard that'll fit in the A/V closet of a cockpit! :)

Back