I know that this should be in the "Schools" postings, but since there is more traffic here

PaulS

I know that this should be in the \"Schools\" postings, but since there is more traffic here

Which is better and why? ATP or DCA, other than price?

I'm about to take off (no pun inteded) to DCA, but I just wanted to know what you all think, since ATP is my #2 choice.

Thanks

Re: I know that this should be in the \"Schools\" postings, but since there is more traffic here

After doing the tours, my husband and I both felt FSI was way better, by far.
smile.gif
Good luck to you.

Re: I know that this should be in the \"Schools\" postings, but since there is more traffic here

I was in your shoes just a few months ago and was asking the same questions on the forum. Though the answers I got were all heartfelt and genuine, I can see how the topic of "school A vs. school B" gets beaten to death now that I've spent some time on JC.

As a recent new student, my advice would be to find the school that fits YOU the best. There are so many qualities and factors to consider (time frame, cost, goals, location, attitude, etc.) that it's literally impossible to name the best school, even when given the choice of two that are of similar caliber. The best advice I got was initially from Doug and then repeated by six or seven other JCers: Visit, visit, visit, then choose the school that feels the best to you personally and that offers you the best chance to leave with a low debt.

Some of the factors that I took into consideration: location, teaching style, aircraft fleet and condition, initial impression, cost, overall feel, current student feelings, former student (graduates and 'leavers') feelings, instructor feelings, impressions from JCers, syllabus, time frame, size, housing, schedule, reflection on marketing and advertising campaigns, school philosophy, and alleged promises and guarantees, to name a few.

I ended up compromising on location (I hate this town but love the mountains that are only an hour or so away) and cost (could have done it for less, though it's a LOT less than many others). Besides those two things, the school I chose met or exceeded my desires on all other counts. It took me a while to find it and I gave myself a good month to think before making a decision, but I am thrilled with my experience so far.

So, beware of marketing, hype, and promises and make your decision based upon your own feelings, impressions, and desires. Opinions and thoughts of others have their place, but my hope for you is that you find the school that's the best for your personality, goals, and wants.

A bit preachy, I know, but regardless, good luck and fly safe. It's worth every long night studying and every bump in the road on your way here!
smile.gif

Although I do not plan on attending any of these schools, I would definitely have to say ATP.

I requested brochures from both flight schools a couple months ago, and I have to say ATP’s was more upfront (DCA's was a bit too shady for me). I think the value that you get from ATP is great, considering you can complete everything in 90 days with all your ratings and some endorsements. In addition, you get some valuable twin time and the potential to instruct for them if you don't mind doing some desk jobs for some time.

Just compare DCA’s and ATP’s forums… everyone (for the most part) seems to be happy with ATP. In addition, ATP has the guts to put their program in the spotlight by sponsoring Jetcareers and it’s very critical users.
wink.gif

Also, you get 3 hours in the Citation, which I think would be really cool!

Dude, don't be so lazy...read through the school threads.

...There's a variety of flight school threads already created.

They're categorized so people needn't dig through 15 billion posts to find a relevant topic.

Re: I know that this should be in the \"Schools\" postings, but since there is more traffic

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, don't be so lazy...read through the school threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. search is your friend.

Re: I know that this should be in the \"Schools\" postings, but since there is more traffic

It depends on who has the better baby changing rooms
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, Iain...you can use that criteria to choose alot of things!!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Hey---was that a jab at me?

Back