I have to take back all the crap I talk about RJ pilots now...

does the brazilian bus qualify as an RJ? I mean the engines are under wings and all.
JungleBus.

And no, I don't think it does - if I can tank it up in SFO and fly it to MSP (perhaps, even farther), it's not really an RJ. But I'm not going to bristle at hearing "follow the RJ."

Congrats! When they announce the next base for the thing, and I transfer to it, I'll bump you down...

Oh. Wait. No I won't ;)

Enjoy the school house. STL is lovely this time of year I hear.

EDIT: never mind. Just logged in to the company for the first time in a few days. You get the new training center and I'll make the drive north for a few brews - since I was senior to you at one airline and now you're senior to me here - and we still haven't met.

Last edited:
Ha! So true. Also, I always felt like I was the "critical path" for short turns on the bro. That is most definitely NOT the case on the RJ!
It really depends on the Captain. Springs guys and LCAs tend to be pretty cool about taking on some of the workload- especially if they see a huge hustle in progress on your part. And trading duties, which keeps the grind down.

(it'll be quite weird to have time to do a leisurely walk-around, type type type on the FMS, have a printer, etc., etc.)

Last edited:
I consider myself lucky to have spent my entire airline career thus far in Embraer airplanes. I happen to really like the damn things.
I would like the EMB-145 more if the antlers did not exist. That yoke was not created with crosswinds in mind.

The Metro was better in crosswinds with its stupid small rudder and unresponsive ailerons simply because of the 737 yoke that is installed.

Congrats on the move. Prepare to be bored out of your mind flying the jet.

Is the 175 still super senior and mean going back to reserve?

I would like the EMB-145 more if the antlers did not exist. That yoke was not created with crosswinds in mind.

The Metro was better in crosswinds with its stupid small rudder and unresponsive ailerons simply because of the 737 yoke that is installed.

Congrats on the move. Prepare to be bored out of your mind flying the jet.

Is the 175 still super senior and mean going back to reserve?
Unfortunately, keeping the west coast at all means being on reserve. SkyWest*.

* with immediate vacancies in CRJ MSP, ORD...

We'll see.

Back