I have failed.

Last year we actually got an email from the union about fatigue management. There was actually a list of caffeinated drinks ranked in amount of caffeine included.

True story.

That's awesome.

We actually had a guy at Brand X delay a flight during normal daylight hours because there wasn't any coffee onboard. I was rooting for him, I really was. However, there comes a time when you're delaying just to delay. I've illustrated this in Rage Comic format:

I7p-pW97V0i-IZX8Xpa0eA2.png

Screaming_Emu said:
Last year we actually got an email from the union about fatigue management. There was actually a list of caffeinated drinks ranked in amount of caffeine included.

True story.

Well...from what I recall from that Comm...it was merely an informal piece showing how much caffeine was indeed in various beverages outside of just the usual pilot gas - coffee.

Not a "drink this stuff to mitigate fatigue" comm.

Well...from what I recall from that Comm...it was merely an informal piece showing how much caffeine was indeed in various beverages outside of just the usual pilot gas - coffee.

Not a "drink this stuff to mitigate fatigue" comm.

Right. There was a lot more to the email, much of which I found very informative and helpful. But the fact that caffeine is included in fatigue mitigation on an official level is a little bit ridiculous I think.

Not that I don't partake. I love me some coffee. But its much like "RNAV departures with the autopilot on" in my opinion. Treating the symptom, not the cause.

Right. There was a lot more to the email, much of which I found very informative and helpful. But the fact that caffeine is included in fatigue mitigation on an official level is a little bit ridiculous I think.

Not that I don't partake. I love me some coffee. But its much like "RNAV departures with the autopilot on" in my opinion. Treating the symptom, not the cause.

The fatigue program is undergoing a massive overhaul, to include training, which is long overdue. The ERJ side has a much better handle on fatigue than the CRJ side primarily due to better and more effective training on that side.

Screaming_Emu said:

Caffeine is included in fatigue mitigation, on an official level, by a lot of parties.

Mitigation.

Behaviors and decisions made on many levels can mitigate the onset of fatigue.

Mitigation...not a solution or a single element that will remove it from any job.

Dont get me wrong, I know what you're saying and agree. There are MANY steps the Company can take if they are serious about fatigue mitigation. Number one solution can be taking the Association's constructed pairings rather than just the cheapest cost pairings that the Company has generated. Think no 7 leg days on the Association pairings and over 90-120 seven leg days within the Company's generated pairings.

Now, if the Company were serious about it you wouldn't see these horrible pairings and you'd see them allowing our pairings to be used.

The reality...this place is all about the dollar. The End. No further discussion. Sad.

Meh, I always do them the day I find them in my box. It allows me maximal purging time, and a darn fine coaster.

Richman

Back