I am an American

"Soy de Norteamericano."

Good times.

You coming to NJC, Mariano? I'd be glad to raise my glass to ya in person.

Thank you so much :) Unfortunately I won't be going (school)

I hope though, to have a mini JC in Spain this winter with the Taylors (if they can make it)

Thank you so much :) Unfortunately I won't be going (school)

I hope though, to have a mini JC in Spain this winter with the Taylors (if they can make it)

As always I'm a day late and a dollar short. My wife and I will be in Spain in the spring.

Born in Barcelona, raised in Madrid, which is like --using a sports analogy-- being born in Yankee Stadium and raised in the Red Sox Stadium.:)

I am fortunate enough to have visited both of those places and enjoyed it greatly. Sagrada Familia is one of the most remarkable buildings I've seen.

Also, I view this as a moment of multinational healing. I'm just glad we can all finally move past the Spanish-American War and focus on the future. :)

Today I became a citizen of the USA. It feels good!! :)
Enhorabuena... I think ;)
Spain and the US are my two sweethearts.
At any rate I hope it makes your life much easier. At least the paperwork ends. I have to renew my Spanish green card soon. Today we are running up to Sevilla to renew my Son´s US passport. sheesh half my life is redtape.:(

You see Spain spank Bosnia the other night?

Spain. It's not really a "switch" but an additon. I won't lose my Spanish/European Union citizenship. I love this country and being a citizen is an honor and makes me proud, I'm just following in the footsteps of millions before me (your ancestors) :)

Hence the picture of Raul...

Not my ancestors, I'm another Euro living here contemplating the 'switch'.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

To paraphrase the great Chris Rock...The members who serve in the military are true Americans, the rest of us that were born here, are just lucky

Thanks for serving!

Also, I view this as a moment of multinational healing. I'm just glad we can all finally move past the Spanish-American War and focus on the future. :)

:D

True story, my great-grandfather fought that war (he was sent to Cuba) I hope he's not too mad at me for doing this :)

:rotfl:
110 years later and Zapatero finally gets a picture with the US President. Peace is here.

Actually (I'm sure you know this) the US/Spain relations started to warm up after WWII, in the 50's. Franco let Eisenhower to establish military bases in Spain. Although Spain was neutral in WWII (she was destroyed anyways by the civil war 1936-1939) Franco (the Spanish fascist dictator) sent a division to help the Nazis fight the Russians. After the end of the war, Spain was largely ignore by the reconstruction efforts in Europe/ Marshall Plan due the her siding with the Axis powers. However, a few years after, Eisenhower used Franco's almost religious anti-communism to get permission to establish a strong military presence in the form of two major Air Force bases and a large Navy base in southern Spain, very close to the straight of Gibraltar.

Also, former Spanish prime minister Aznar was very warm with Bush.

Are you in Moron, Sevilla (for those of you who don't know, Moron is a town with an Airbase, I'm not calling him names :D)

Back