I am an American

A bid day for sure - congratulations. It would be nice if more Americans knew, like you, how special being an American really is.

Thank you everyone for the welcoming. It was definitely a proud day for me.

Congratulations, if you don't mind me asking how long did the process take? Are you in the military by chance?

Yes, I'm in the military. The process took only, from the day I sent my application to taking the Oath of Allegiance, 45 days. Really quick, thanks to a bill signed by President Bush that expedites the process for military personnel. By the way, I didn't have to pay any fees (I think is around 500 dollars)

Again, thank you everybody.:)

Thank you everyone for the welcoming. It was definitely a proud day for me.

Yes, I'm in the military. The process took only, from the day I sent my application to taking the Oath of Allegiance, 45 days. Really quick, thanks to a bill signed by President Bush that expedites the process for military personnel. By the way, I didn't have to pay any fees (I think is around 500 dollars)

Again, thank you everybody.:)

[thread creep]

Did you just say something positive about President Bush? That must be a first around here....

:sarcasm: :D:D

[/thread creep]

Haha, that didn't take long!!:crazy::D (I knew it was coming:))

Oh I was just kidding around.....a little jab for those in the 24/7 Bush-bash crowd here :D. But congrats on getting your citizenship the legal way. Esp being military, you've already contributed to society here, so I fully agree with Bush's expediting the process for those in that position.

Congratulations!

If you don't mind my asking, what was your previous nationality and why did you switch?

Congratulations!

If you don't mind my asking, what was your previous nationality and why did you switch?

Spain. It's not really a "switch" but an additon. I won't lose my Spanish/European Union citizenship. I love this country and being a citizen is an honor and makes me proud, I'm just following in the footsteps of millions before me (your ancestors) :)

Welcome! I love living in a nation of immigrants, if for no other reason than the food. What part of Spain are you from?

Welcome! I love living in a nation of immigrants, if for no other reason than the food. What part of Spain are you from?

Born in Barcelona, raised in Madrid, which is like --using a sports analogy-- being born in Yankee Stadium and raised in the Red Sox Stadium.:)

Back