HR 5900 Airline Safety and Federal Aviation Administration Extension Act of 2010

Negative, I can think of at least one job I've had that has a worse lifestyle than a regional. Maybe even two.

I should have added a sarcasm tag. I think a lot of pilots get pretty focused on the negatives of the job--especially if they commute--and ignore or become accustomed to the benefits. I didn't progress beyond senior FO at a "good" regional, but I really miss many things about the lifestyle now that I'm out.

Take another tax cut and call me in the morning. It'll fix ALL our problems. :sarcasm:
While this is probably a whole 'nother topic, I find it hard to believe that state tax cuts are solely to blame for the rising cost of college tuition.
But hey, maybe all of academia really is doing their best to keep costs under control, spend conservatively, and focus on the, well, important academic stuff instead of the stuff that looks cool in a brochure.

I should have added a sarcasm tag. I think a lot of pilots get pretty focused on the negatives of the job--especially if they commute--and ignore or become accustomed to the benefits. I didn't progress beyond senior FO at a "good" regional, but I really miss many things about the lifestyle now that I'm out.
Oh, commuting blows through a straw, don't get me wrong...

How does that not affect pilot jobs? If you are outsourcing more and more flying to CRJ's, then there are less 757's for mainline to fly.

Exactly, which is why the new Delta PWA wasn't a scope concession, because it reduced the number of outsourced airplanes. Some others here were arguing that it was a concession because of the allowance for more 70-seaters, but they're ignoring the fact that the reduction of 50-seaters not only made up for it, but went above and beyond. The net effect was a reduction in outsourced airframes, a reduction in outsourced ASMs, and a reduction in outsourced block hours. All around, a reduction in outsourcing. In other words, there was no scope concession.

Please tell me the flaw in my logic

There is no flaw in that logic. You're arguing something different than some other people were arguing.

Exactly, which is why the new Delta PWA wasn't a scope concession, because it reduced the number of outsourced airplanes. Some others here were arguing that it was a concession because of the allowance for more 70-seaters, but they're ignoring the fact that the reduction of 50-seaters not only made up for it, but went above and beyond. The net effect was a reduction in outsourced airframes, a reduction in outsourced ASMs, and a reduction in outsourced block hours. All around, a reduction in outsourcing. In other words, there was no scope concession.

There is no flaw in that logic. You're arguing something different than some other people were arguing.

Some will never understand. It's like trying to explain to a Republican that Romney's tax plan is mathematically impossible or that the capability of the Navy is not based upon how many "battleships" they have:D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Back