How Much Time Did It take You to get your first jet job

I live under the appraoch path to SNA (about 10 miles out or so). Planes coming into land are no problem - their power is at idle and you do not have to raise your voice to carry on with your chat. Now when they take off on the 1's and are climbing out over my house it more noticable. But really compared to our new neighbours dog, it is not that bad.

There is a new subdivision going up right next to the airport where I do my flying. However, on every single contract, they have some language in there that says the homeowner is aware that they are next to an airport and that they are voluntarily giving up any rights to contest that airport's operations. These go into all the real estate contracts in the areas surrounding the airport.

Honestly, I think the people kind of like it. They get to see all the planes flying around all day and they think it's kind of cool.

[ QUOTE ]
Powering back in a GA aircraft is really not going to decrease the level of noise to the point where it would be worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]Depends on the airplane. A C-210 at full throttle with the prop at high RPM is LOUD. Bringing the prop back a few hundred RPM makes a big difference.

The alternative, really, is to thumb your nose at home owners and run the risk of losing your airport. At a place like SMO, redevelopment makes perfect sense solely for economic reasons; noise problems make it a no-brainer, even if it means giving the feds their money back.

On the noise issue, it's best not to piss off the natives--they always win.

My first jet job was the F/E seat in a 727 in 1990. I had about 4000 hours total, 1500 turboprop, and 400 pic turboprop in the Convair. I upgraded to the right seat about four years later. So the only jet I've ever flown is a 727. It took about 7 years to go from ERAU to UPS.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Powering back in a GA aircraft is really not going to decrease the level of noise to the point where it would be worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]Depends on the airplane. A C-210 at full throttle with the prop at high RPM is LOUD. Bringing the prop back a few hundred RPM makes a big difference.

The alternative, really, is to thumb your nose at home owners and run the risk of losing your airport. At a place like SMO, redevelopment makes perfect sense solely for economic reasons; noise problems make it a no-brainer, even if it means giving the feds their money back.

On the noise issue, it's best not to piss off the natives--they always win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. I actually started typing a response using the 210 as an example, but then I got busy and didn't finish it. But you basically said exactly what I was going to say.
smile.gif

Back