How low before the skid stops?

Don't like the USA, get out. Simple really.

This is the only country I care about. I agree with my fellow military member.

I love this. Great. I'd LOVE to get out of the US. In fact, my wife is constantly hounding me on when I'm going to get an international job. You say "Just leave, simple really." Is it? Please, tell me how it's simple? How can you get job in another country to support your family, move, pay for it an it's "simple." That's probably one of the least thought out statements ever. I'm eagerly awaiting the explanation on how moving to another country is "simple."

I love this. Great. I'd LOVE to get out of the US. In fact, my wife is constantly hounding me on when I'm going to get an international job. You say "Just leave, simple really." Is it? Please, tell me how it's simple? How can you get job in another country to support your family, move, pay for it an it's "simple." That's probably one of the least thought out statements ever. I'm eagerly awaiting the explanation on how moving to another country is "simple."
It's not simple. Every single country in the world has immigration policies. So unless you have citizenship or a right to claim citizenship you will have to have get a resident visa or be an illegal or "undocumented" alien. The statement is so ignorant, jingoist and "knee jerked " that I feel very embarassed for who ever utters it.
BTW, what makes this country great is that so far, knee jerkers arent in charge and you dont have to love it or leave it.
Also as to a veteran waving the patriotism flag, is silly. and I got 22 years service total active duty and reserve.

It's not simple. Every single country in the world has immigration policies. So unless you have citizenship or a right to claim citizenship you will have to have get a resident visa or be an illegal or "undocumented" alien. The statement is so ignorant, jingoist and "knee jerked " that I feel very embarassed for who ever utters it.
BTW, what makes this country great is that so far, knee jerkers arent in charge and you dont have to love it or leave it.
Also as to a veteran waving the patriotism flag, is silly. and I got 22 years service total active duty and reserve.

Except for us. . .oh wait. . .we have immigration policies, but we DON'T utilize them.

So here we are. . .yippe. . . a broken government who doesn't want to police themselves, much less actually enforce our immigration policies.

Nevertheless, don't mix up what I've said and what Airdale has said.

I don't love this country any more than Jose who jumped the border. I did at one time, but this country and the current government, is a joke. A lot must be done in my eyes to have us corrected and pointed back in the right direction. One of which is ending the willful handouts to developing countries, just so that they can develop their infrastructure while ours here at home is breaking down, so that middle class blue collar workers are out of jobs as their companies move off-shore.

Sorry, that's a significant lose to our economy - what for? So China and India can develop? You got to be kidding me.

Nevertheless. . .I don't love this country. . .there I said it.

I love the founders, the Constitution and Bill of Rights. But this country right now is nothing to be proud of. I hope that one day we get real people in power that can bring this country back off of it's ass and restore the middle class and bring our economy back to a long term growth position.

Nevertheless, don't mix up what I've said and what Airdale has said.
I was not making any comments directed at you. I generally ignore what you say when you go on a rant.

The comments were directed at airedale comments.

I dont like it when veterans play the "I served" card to poison the well of debate. Nor can I abide the "just leave" argument which is flatly put- ridiculous.
peace

Very well. . .but I didn't see anyone play the I served card, but rather he just said he agreed with me on the original comment I stated.

You guys take things waaaay too seriously on this message board. Lighten up a bit, pull those panties down a few inches and breath. And Mike, I stopped paying attention to anything you've posted a long time ago. Bottoms up.

I'm sick of the way things are in this country just as much as the next guy, but I get tweaked at comments like this:

" "We in the USA can have all we want but expect others to have far less type" The US is not the only country in the world buddy!!! "

The economy sucks, our foreign policy sucks but this is still OUR country. So what, things are in the crapper, this way of thinking that "USA is not the only Country" is part of the reason why we're in this position. We've outsourced so much of our country across the world that we are literally at the mercy of those countries "other than the USA".

People need to start being greedy and quit giving a damn about other countries. You say I have blind Patriotism? No...thats what all the illegals have. My Patriotism lies right here and only here. I'm the Patriot who couldn't give two nickels to the problems anywhere else but here.

We're waging a war that can not be won, against people who can not be changed and all for a misleading cause. The weak American dollar is weak because so much of it is sent overseas. I honestly believe our only hope is with Obama. Ah...I'm done beating this horse.

Ah - that was pure beauty. . .except for the part about Obama.

You know he wants to make sure you are making your child learn Spanish right? (do I really need the sarcasm for those who are not paying attention to the three pages in the Lav?) :sarcasm:

The economy sucks, our foreign policy sucks but this is still OUR country. So what, things are in the crapper, this way of thinking that "USA is not the only Country" is part of the reason why we're in this position. We've outsourced so much of our country across the world that we are literally at the mercy of those countries "other than the USA".

People need to start being greedy and quit giving a damn about other countries. You say I have blind Patriotism? No...thats what all the illegals have. My Patriotism lies right here and only here. I'm the Patriot who couldn't give two nickels to the problems anywhere else but here.

You think we went to war because we care? I think it's Greed!

Why don't we go to Africa and help those in needs? why Iraq?

I said we not the only Country meaning look outside the BOX when we think, this is a global network! There's also mountain's/river in India/China! The sun doesn't just shine on the US!

My intention is not to change how you think/feel but just look around you next time you go out and think what make this Country great. It's always better to give rather to receive.

Doesn't really bother me that people want to leave this country. I can see getting around in the world is a great experience. What bothers me is when those who would rather "throw in the towel" say what they think we should do in the mean time. You wanna leave because you think it sucks here? Step aside and let those of us who are staying do what we want to do with this place.

I think the oil price part of the skid is stopping. Wish I could predict the rest...

Ah - that was pure beauty. . .except for the part about Obama.

You know he wants to make sure you are making your child learn Spanish right? (do I really need the sarcasm for those who are not paying attention to the three pages in the Lav?) :sarcasm:

Oooo...who's the other choice!? :D I'd rather not vote for a Bush cronie, thats the last thing we need! :laff:

Flyviper,

I agree with what you're saying. Going into Iraq was greed, but more so deception by our current adminstration. So I think anyway. What I meant by greed was have greed here, in our walls. Like, buy a Ford instead of a Honda. Shop at local stores instead of Walmart. Support your local farmers and business'. Buy gas from American oil companies etc. Keep our American dollar ours. Honestly I blame everything on Corporations. They are evil. They sell out our own workers to China and other cheap labor.

Look at Canada. Why is it that nobody wants to mess with Canada and they are just happy in their little Canadian bliss. I've done overnights there, I like Canada. Their gas prices are high too, but you don't see Canada going on crusades across the globe. When's the last time Canada put their military anywhere? Wait...does Canada even have a military? :laff:

What do I know though, I'm just a dumb pilot. :laff:

I can see what you're saying now, Airdale. Fact is, that's NOT what you said before. Second time around was a lot better phrased than "if you don't like it, leave."

Sorry, I hear that all the time in the "proud to be 'Merican" South. I still run into people on a daily basis that think Bush can do no wrong no matter what. When asked why, the reply is "Well, he's a Christian. Better than that 'Bama guy." I weep for the future.

Back