How is this for cheap...

38bat

So I am out at the airport today bumming around since I no longer have a plane and I get to chatting with a guy who flew in. He has a cool kitfox and we were bs'ing. He says "you should join our flying club". Goes on to tell me that they have a Champ and there are only 3 people in the club who don't fly much. $2500 buy in, $100 a month and $15 per hour dry. Runs on auto gas. Also included in your buy in is a tailwheel endorsement. If you want out and can't find a buyer they will buy back your membership for $2,000. I checked out the plane and it is nice. I am going up tomorrow morning, should be fun and seems like a super cheap way to build time!

you cheapskate!

good/bad to hear about the trip for your sale of the cherokee. Glad it went smoothly

I would be VERY careful. You know what they say - once you have had taildragger you'll never go back.

Have fun. Sounds like you stumbled upon a great deal. Would love to put something like that together here.

My bad, the $2500 initiation fee threw me. :p

Yeah, that is maybe steep but it is refundable if you are replaced and 2k refundable if not. Also comes with a free tailwheel endorsement. Seems to me more like a deposit.

So the aircraft insurance and maintenance, plus hanger expenses are all covered?
That is cheap!
icon6.gif

Yup, that covers it all including insurance. I am in, paid for 50hrs flight time, six months dues, tailwheel endorsement and initiation. Total was $3850. Plane is a kick to fly though it is much different than a Cessna or Piper. Funny thing is that I am the only one with a license. All the other guys are older(like in there 70's) and just love farting around with the airplane and they fly with an instructor. They are all working towards their Light Sport but I am not sure he will ever sign them off even to solo. One of the guys confessed today that he didn't really care if he ever got a license he just likes to fly around. They also want me to instruct in the plane. Might be a great deal for me. So far I really enjoy all the members and it looks like I am the only one actively flying.

Yup, that covers it all including insurance. I am in, paid for 50hrs flight time, six months dues, tailwheel endorsement and initiation. Total was $3850. Plane is a kick to fly though it is much different than a Cessna or Piper. Funny thing is that I am the only one with a license. All the other guys are older(like in there 70's) and just love farting around with the airplane and they fly with an instructor. They are all working towards their Light Sport but I am not sure he will ever sign them off even to solo. One of the guys confessed today that he didn't really care if he ever got a license he just likes to fly around. They also want me to instruct in the plane. Might be a great deal for me. So far I really enjoy all the members and it looks like I am the only one actively flying.

Wow, you are one lucky guy. You'll have a buuuunch of fun! :drool:
I once worked for someone who let me have a 172N for $15 dry.
Never had any time to use it much though.

I would be so over this!
Congrats!!! That should make the pain of the lost plane a bit sweeter?

If they can do it, why can't more of us do it elsewhere?
I'm not doing any funflying, just work ( yes, I complain when my flights are canceled for Wx, Mx, Goofups)
icon6.gif

uhh, can LSA flights be logged, too?

If they can do it, why can't more of us do it elsewhere?
I'm not doing any funflying, just work ( yes, I complain when my flights are canceled for Wx, Mx, Goofups)
icon6.gif

uhh, can LSA flights be logged, too?

Why couldn't you log it?

And man, that is an AWESOME deal! I would be all over that if it presented itself to me!

Back