How High?

Re: So how low then?

[ QUOTE ]
Since the "how high" option has already been discussed, then how low has anyone flown, other than takeoff/landing/pattern ops?

[/ QUOTE ]

About 10 feet over the shoreline. It was a nice summer day during spring break and the scenery was quite nice!

I was in one of these:

ac1.jpg

Sorry, R2F. I had a feeling that I should have searched that topic.

I once flew from CRG to AHN below 1000 AGL. With much of the trip along the coast, it was very scenic and fun.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, R2F. I had a feeling that I should have searched that topic.

I once flew from CRG to AHN below 1000 AGL. With much of the trip along the coast, it was very scenic and fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

No big thing, that's why I figured I'd try and swap new life into the thread....

On the low side of things ...

Nap of Earth, ie: skids in the dirt, rotor in the trees, Day and Night under NVG's. Night unaided = 500' AGL
smirk.gif

I didn't need the seat belt / shoulder harness because the suction from the pucker factor kept me in my seat.
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Since the "how high" option has already been discussed, then how low has anyone flown, other than takeoff/landing/pattern ops?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm looking forward to hearing your answer MikeD!
grin.gif

Me personally...probably 800 ft. AGL or so doing ground ref. stuff.

how high?
FL330 in a Citation (riding right seat)
10,000 in a PA28-181

low?
about 30' agl following a lake shoreline in a J-3 on floats, with the door down, beautiful day....
grin.gif

Sarah

[ QUOTE ]

I'm looking forward to hearing your answer MikeD!
grin.gif

Me personally...probably 800 ft. AGL or so doing ground ref. stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

250 AGL, 330 KIAS Day.

1000 AGL, 330 KIAS Night/NVG.

20 feet off a lake, 200 over farmland, chasing cows. Almost hit by a cropduster. Haven't done it since.

FL230 in the rightseat of a P-3c orion.
FL240 on the floor of a P-3c in a sleeping bag
( cuz it was Cold
crazy.gif
) Yet it was the best flight I'd ever been on cuz we were comming home !!!
cool.gif
smile.gif

50ft agl.. off some helo last sunday during a Airshow in Lewiston Airport(LEW) in Maine.. $20.00 for a 5min flight Awsome !!!

P.s In you haven't been on a helo flight yet. you better get on one ASAP.
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
15,500 without oxygen (but then I jumped out, and was at a more breathable altitude after a few seconds...
grin.gif
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Jumped from a King Air at 24000 feet, we had O2 on the way up, but off O2 for the jump. Feefall was so fast hypoxia wasn't a factor.

Ah...I have yet to do a high altitude jump. I've done the balloon, and jumped out of 208's, Twin Otters, Pilatus Porters, and a Shorts SkyVan...but never above 15.5k. One of these times I guess...Actually, I'm not even current at the moment- I havent had a weekend off in awhile.

You still jump?

[ QUOTE ]
You still jump?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as much as I would like too. I get about six jumps every three months. Last time I jumped was at the lost prarie boogie in Kallispell, MT. Flying has defenitly took a front seat to skydiving. The 24K jump was a couple of years ago at the World freefall convention in Quincy, it was out of Mike Mullin's super King Air.

[ QUOTE ]
The 24K jump was a couple of years ago at the World freefall convention in Quincy, it was out of Mike Mullin's super King Air.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, EVERYBODY who's anybody has jumped out of that thing it seems like.
laugh.gif

Back