How do you picture your FAA HR rep?

ncessna72

When I picture my HR rep...the receptionist from Office Space pops in my head. Although I have never talked to her over the phone, i've already determined what she looks like and sounds like. With that irritating voice that drones on incessantly throughout the day pissing off all her coworkers. If she is not answering the phone I would think she is walking around the office gossiping accomplishing absolutely nothing. This is probably why I haven't received a FOL, yet. Does anybody else have this kinda picture in their head about their HR rep? "Corporate accounts payable, Nina speaking... just a moment!"

dilbert2.jpg

actually nina is nice person, i met her at the ny pepc

I haven't a clue to who you are referring to. However, I am talking about the receptionist named Nina from the movie Office Space who says "Corporate accounts payable, Nina speaking... just a moment!" every time she answers the phone. Also, I'm sure all of them are nice. I'm just keeping myself entertained.

<Image removed>

Needless to say, she has NOT been very helpful (flat-out lied to me) and I've had to go over and around her to get anywhere. She's just been in the way :banghead:

My experience with the hr reps, and our relationship has been a long one, is that they have been doing the best they can with the information that they are given. It would be nice if they knew all the answers, but a lot of this entire process has been just as new to them as it has been to us. So, my picture of them is of a frazzled, tired hr rep that has to juggle getting fol's out, receiving new clearances and then being shipped out to different pepc's for a week at a time...while their voicemail and inbox get filled up with questions...

So cut them a little bit of slack imo

My experience with the hr reps, and our relationship has been a long one, is that they have been doing the best they can with the information that they are given. It would be nice if they knew all the answers, but a lot of this entire process has been just as new to them as it has been to us. So, my picture of them is of a frazzled, tired hr rep that has to juggle getting fol's out, receiving new clearances and then being shipped out to different pepc's for a week at a time...while their voicemail and inbox get filled up with questions...

for 95% of them, this is spot on. mine is special

Man, very few people on this board a have sense of humor. I am very familiar with their plight after being in the military working side-by-side with government workers (non military). Over the years I would see the government cut funding and employees that are there to help us. They would then ask the remaining employees to pick up the slack on top of being now asked to do more. Needless to say anybody who was up for retirement did so in short order which made the situation worse. I know the entire process is new to them. They are just figuring it out as they go. You would have to be blind and deaf not to notice this. Maybe I should put a disclaimer on any joke I post. But wouldn't that ruin the joke? It's all about the delivery...

Man, very few people on this board a have sense of humor.

On the contrary, I think most people here have a terrific sense of humor.

Maybe I should put a disclaimer on any joke I post. But wouldn't that ruin the joke? It's all about the delivery...

The problem arises in not being able to hear tone, or see body language with the delivery. In a purely "written" environment such as a online forum, it is very difficult sometimes to capture the full message of what someone is saying. So yes, sometimes if you're making a joke, you DO have to come right out and say it's a joke! Also the :sarcasm: tag is very useful too. :)

I picture the HR rep as people sitting back laughing and having a great time and deciding how much and how long they will torture people by delaying FOL. :)

But really I picture they are probably really busy but they do a great job for how much they have to do.

Well if we are going the joke direction...

I picture them sitting on my application and rolling dice on all the other applications scattered around on the floor to see who gets what...

I just hope when I get one, I don't have to worry about them too much. If everything runs smooth, why bother them? Then again, if I need help, I hope they will help me and not give me the runaround. I mean, that is their job, right?

Of course, I could see why they get agitated. I have seen a few people on here that call them every chance they get with every stupid little irrelevant question they can think of. They would probably have more time to help if they weren't being nagged about when the next AT-SAT authorization is going out...like it matters.

I just hope when I get one, I don't have to worry about them too much. If everything runs smooth, why bother them? Then again, if I need help, I hope they will help me and not give me the runaround. I mean, that is their job, right?

Of course, I could see why they get agitated. I have seen a few people on here that call them every chance they get with every stupid little irrelevant question they can think of. They would probably have more time to help if they weren't being nagged about when the next AT-SAT authorization is going out...like it matters.

Think again, I have been inside HR at a couple of the local dealerships, and they just FO most of the time.

OK, but are they hiring 2000 people this year? I have worked at Car Lots too, I never had a background, especially not one so extensive.

I agree that things should run more efficiently and most people in most places (not just HR) do not do their jobs. But it also doesn't help if 10,000 people are calling to ask questions just because they can't stand waiting.

Disclaimer: K-Dog is one of the most impatient people you could ever meet, so he is not bagging on anyone, just making an observation.

He probably know some of the same people. lol. But I know what you are saying about the FAA.

Back