How do you get significant multi time if you train at an FBO

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing like a multi to put the fun back in flying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah!

Nothing like a little Cub or a Pitts to put the fun back in flying.
spin2.gif
wink.gif

If I had access to a Cub or a hot aerobatic plane, I'd be all over it. My flight school has a Citabria, so if I find some extra cash laying around I'm taking some lessons in that.

[ QUOTE ]
Stan if you can leg it up to ORL I can get you some cougar time. I am flying it around the state pretty regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]
JT, if you can give me 24 hrs notice, I'm there by hook or by crook. I have PLENTY of vacation time to use. Just let me know... Seriously! (and THANKS!)

[ QUOTE ]
R2F, had my first lesson in the Seneca the other day. Nothing like a multi to put the fun back in flying.

[/ QUOTE ]
GOD that's the truth! After my first flight in the Travel Air, I was smiling from ear to ear! In my short aviation experience, THAT was flying!!
grin.gif

bumpasaurus rex. I missed all the mod banning parties? bollocks! havent found what happened to falcon. someone enlighten me?

Mr_Creepy said:
I'd try to get real friendly with all the twin pilots at your FBO if I were you ...

JT look at the date of the post...this is Frog asking about Falcon Capt and his situation from a while back, of which I have no idea other than the little that was said in some of the threads...a disagreement between Doug and Falcon, from what I remember, with Falcon being the instigator.

Of course, I'm getting old and don't really remember much about it...he's no longer here Frog, and there are others who've walked away, with a ton of new people sharing good experiences.

It's been opened again, so I thought I'd shed some advice.

I got most of my multi time on empty legs with my ME friends.

FL270 said:
Get your multi-engine rating and MEI no matter where you train. Become a CFI at a school that has one or more multi-engine airplanes. Get qualified to teach in the airplane (5 hours PIC, blessing of the insurance co, etc.) and start giving multi-engine instruction. That's what I did ... by the time I hit 1000 hours I had 175 multi, and I now have quite a bit more, of course.

The time is out there, you just have to work to find it. Nobody is going to drop a twin in your lap and say, "Fly this thing, please ... and here's a big stack of cash for your trouble." Be proactive ... the system works, if you work it!

FL270

Best, positive, statement I have read either here or over at APC. Well said!

Wow, talk about diggin up a dinosaur. I was ready to reply to the original poster until I saw the date!

Back