How do you get significant multi time if you train at an FBO

[ QUOTE ]
You, my friend, are a pit bull. You have dug in your teeth and ain't lettin' go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!
smile.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Doug won't do anything about it, you are wasting your time... He and Eagle are friends, and he is more worried about stepping on Eagles toes than about the rest of the members here... Trust me, I know... I have a ton of PM's from other members who complain about the same issue (Eagle), but nothing ever gets resolved because Doug looks the other way...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have just been informed by Doug (personally) that Eagle is no longer a Moderator on this board and has actually been completely banned from this web site message board.

I take back what I said about Doug "looking the other way"... It appears that he has stepped up to the plate and done the right thing.

Kudos to Doug for taking care of this problem...

[ QUOTE ]
That's..................interesting.
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, its a good thing... the inaccurate, misleading information that was often spouted by this individual did nothing but a disservice to the JC members.

Actually, it was something more 'internal' and not related to any particular thread on the website and that's reeeeeeeally all I'm going to say about the issue.

Well that stinks. I actually liked Eagle. I guess it is just me. Wish him well for me if you get the chance Doug!

Well, back on topic....lol..

Could you get your private and multi at the same time? or get your private in a multi? i thought i read in somebody elses post 'why dont you just get your private in a multi', is this possible?

I don't see why you couldn't get your private in a multi. You wouldn't be able to fly a single engine at all, though.

I'm not going to say "good riddance" or anything petty like that, however, I will say that Eagle severely abused his moderator powers several times....one time too many apparently. Doug always did his best to cool the fires between us and I can't say anything but positive things on that matter.

Chunk

[ QUOTE ]

Could you get your private and multi at the same time? or get your private in a multi? i thought i read in somebody elses post 'why dont you just get your private in a multi', is this possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can get your Private Pilot Certificate in a Multi-Engine Aircraft.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can get your Private Pilot Certificate in a Multi-Engine Aircraft.

[/ QUOTE ]

The biggest problem to just getting a private in a multi (aside from more money and a steeper learning curve) and then by extension a commercial multi is that all the jobs -- at the entry level of flying -- are all single-engine ops. Having a multi-commercial and a ton (relatively speaking of course) of multi time means squat in the lower ranks of the flying world.

Trust me, I know.
smirk.gif

So what is the truth about multi time? What is the actual number of multi hours needed to be competitive on the regional job market? Do they really care if the time is done with two people in the aircraft and logging second in command as it is done at ari ben and ATP? Please somebody set the record straight on the reality of multi time.

I did not instruct and chose not to spend money on a CFI. I had a job and had no desire to teach. Instead I took out a loan and built my ME by doing a Cockpit Resource Management time building program at KSNA for $80/hr in an Aztec. I found it to be very challenging and quite like the airline environment. It really shows you how much work the NFP has to do! Not to mention being IFR all over the LA basin was a lesson of it's own. Had 1100/110 when I got hired. Most want at least 200 now, but higher is competative. A few, like Skyway, still take less. My friend just got hired there with 1200/100.

"Do they really care if the time is done with two people in the aircraft and logging second in command as it is done at ari ben and ATP?"

SIC? If one guy is under the hood and the other is looking for traffic both should be logging PIC. That's the whole premise of a time sharing program. Can't log SIC unless one is required.

I did 300 hours at Ari-Ben Aviators. Had a great time, learned an awful lot, met good people, and it has helped me to meet insurance minimums elsewhere.

We were just informed that when our FBO changes hands next week, the twin engine will NOT be staying.
frown.gif

Now, I will for SURE have to beg, borrow and steal all the ME time I can until such time that the new FBO decides to buy a twin engine.

Luckily for me, there are some opportunities to fly right seat with some of the corporate guys at the airport I fly out of. Time will tell.

Stan if you can leg it up to ORL I can get you some cougar time. I am flying it around the state pretty regularly.

cougarext.jpg

I had an interesting flight in the GA-7 today:

ORL-SPG routine
SPG-TLH big mama T-storm sitting over TLH - every time I tried to duck under and in I got the s**t beat out of me. I held for about an hour to the southeast and finally snuck around it to the north and got in. At one time I was in flight idle, nose pointing down, indicating 165 kts and climbing at 1500 fpm - fun

TLH-40J - Tallahassee rampers were too busy to fuel me so jumped over to Perry-Foley and saved $1/gallon. Also met two local guys who wanted a ride. I would have done it if not for the approaching T-storm. So I gave them a nice low pass at 500 AGL instead.

40J-ORL - routine.

I was going to fly to TLH for some time building today, then I checked the weather. I opted for FXE instead. When it took me 20 minutes just to taxi away from my parking spot down there, I decided that would be my first and last trip in that airport. Well, unless someone is paying ME to fly in there. Then I'll consider it.

R2F, had my first lesson in the Seneca the other day. Nothing like a multi to put the fun back in flying.

Back