How do you get into management?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Minorities just haven't had some of opportunities as others", please it is all about the effort the individual is willing to put in....

ohhh i was going to respond, but this would end up being an exercise in frustration

effort does not always equal success in this country, i'll leave it at that

effort does not always equal success in this country, i'll leave it at that

Which brings us full circle back to how you get into management! :nana2:

All joking aside, it's really a crapshoot. Some could work hard and be rewarded; some could screw up and get promoted out of the way; some could kiss butt; some could have an uncle ... the list goes on.

Wow, this thread is going too far... maybe it should be shut down.

I know many of you dislike affirmative action, but it's also nice to work in a diverse workforce, and many minorities just haven't had some of the same opportunities as others. However I can agree that some companies/govts. enact these programs in an offensive manner.

Affirmative Action is nothing more than reverse discrimination legalized in the name of "diversity". That's all there is to it.

People should be hired/promoted based on their ability to do the job well and nothing else. I know in reality that doesn't happen everyday, but at the same time it isn't as systematic as people make out and certainly doesn't necessitate these archaic hiring/promotion quotas that have been in place for longer than I've been alive. IMHO, it is the rampant entitlement attitude in this country is what has kept affirmative action alive far beyond its usefulness.

Yep, needs to be a time limit on government programs... Like it or not, people will always twist something that was good and useful in the beginning into some way to promote themselves, and ultimately making the "program" do/cause something equal or worse than what it fixed.

[modhat] Folks, we need to get back on the original topic of the thread. These last comments, though maybe relevant somewhere else, are not to the topic at hand. [/modhat]

nobody can even mention a minority in this country without someone getting all up in arms and offended about it

Now all the minorities are blowing brownie bites

the sad fact is most minorities are not willing to work as hard as others when it comes to moving up the economic ladder.... they think everything should be handed to them on a silver platter.

it is the rampant entitlement attitude in this country is what has kept affirmative action alive far beyond its usefulness.

Oh man, you guys are going to be great co-workers.

Affirmative Action is nothing more than reverse discrimination legalized in the name of "diversity". That's all there is to it.

People should be hired/promoted based on their ability to do the job well and nothing else. I know in reality that doesn't happen everyday, but at the same time it isn't as systematic as people make out and certainly doesn't necessitate these archaic hiring/promotion quotas that have been in place for longer than I've been alive. IMHO, it is the rampant entitlement attitude in this country is what has kept affirmative action alive far beyond its usefulness.

QFT

ok ok ok let's just bring this back on subject people..........

To the o.p., being able to take a manglement position is based on various qualities, some more worthy than others. From my dad's explanation you get about an extra 15-30k a year, your only required to put approximately 16 hours a month on the actual radar, but unfortunately you lose all "protection" you had from the union. At zau they suspended a stupe for 30 days. Now I mean 30 days with no opportunity to use vacation or any other form of time off.

I don't know about you guys, but taking a chance for greater money to potentially lose a month's pay or worse yet your job doesn't sound like a good trade off.

Where ever you have been a manager before will never compare to manglement position in the FAA. It's the exact opposite of what you would expect management to be. All the responsibilities and extra rules to follow without the actual power to accomplish anything.

No, he's right, I expect everything on a silver platter. Right now I'm typing this on my laptop, which is sitting on a silver platter which is sitting on my lap.

:D That made me laugh, kudos for having a sense of humor and not feeding the trolls/idiots

I think this thread has run its course... can someoe kill it please? I'm tired of seeing it bumped to the top over and over again with worthless bickering and ignorance.

[modhat]Yikes. I think this thread has derailed enough. I see lots of bickering, lots of raised emotion and not a lot of rational relevant conversation....... I'm going to put this to bed.[/modhat]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back