Honda Jet - Sometimes A Picture Says It Best

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!

1646879358642.png

1646879790146.png

Type:
Silhouette image of generic HDJT model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

Honda HA-420 HondaJet
Owner/operator:Jet It LLC
MSN:42000224
Fatalities:Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 3
Other fatalities:0
Aircraft damage:Unknown
Category:Incident
Location:Pittsburgh-Allegheny County Airport (AGC/KAGC), PA -
N.gif
United States of America
Phase:Landing
Nature:Private
Departure airport:Teterboro Airport, NJ (TEB/KTEB)
Destination airport:West Mifflin-Allegheny County Airport, PA (AGC/KAGC)
Confidence Rating:
3.gif
Information is only available from news or social media reports
Narrative:
A Honda HA-420 HondaJet, N903JT, suffered a runway excursion after landing at Pittsburgh-Allegheny County Airport (AGC/KAGC), Pennsylvania.
The aircraft came to the rest on a hillside. There were no injuries.

It's a 6500' runway. Close to approach minimums with the weather changing rapidly. I'd think that is a bigger factor. Most jets that small are gonna make TWY C with that wind, and almost everything that flies in there will make G unless the crosswind is severe.

Light jets are great at lots of stuff. Contaminated runways not so much. Just looked at our flight today, and a landing distance of 2803’ on a dry runway becomes 5204’ with compact snow for the CJ3. Break out at mins, float a bit? Easy to eat up a lot of runway.

Nearly in my own backyard, I’m only 10 min from AGC, flew and instructed out of here. It was kind of ugly here at the time this happened today, around 0830l. Fortunately everyone was OK. This could have been much worse!
4667F7E6-AA63-4D4C-A541-141804FB3739.png

Light jets are great at lots of stuff. Contaminated runways not so much. Just looked at our flight today, and a landing distance of 2803’ on a dry runway becomes 5204’ with compact snow for the CJ3. Break out at mins, float a bit? Easy to eat up a lot of runway.

Yeah, no ground spoilers on the CJ3 if I remember correctly? Just ground flaps? Plus no TRs.

No thrust reversers, single wheel with crappy brakes.
Hondas love the runway and aren't forgiving on hot landings.
This is the 3rd or 4th overrun that i know of in the past few years of the HondaJets

Also, Yikes!

Possible candidate for EMAS (or whatever the foamy concrete is called)

No thrust reversers, single wheel with crappy brakes.
Hondas love the runway and aren't forgiving on hot landings.
This is the 3rd or 4th overrun that i know of in the past few years of the HondaJets

Also, Yikes!

Possible candidate for EMAS (or whatever the foamy concrete is called)
There has been talk of installing emas but it would require shortening the runway so I think they shelved the idea.

Back