Holy Wow…

I can’t stand these idiots that are upset about new hires/junior pilots having great opportunities instead of being stuck as a flight engineer for 8 years or some crap.

In “my day” I made $20k/yr as a new hire with 7 years of experience and TPIC. It absolutely sucked, and I hope nobody ever has to go through that again. I’m really stoked for the opportunities available to pilots starting out these days! It’s been good for me too!

I think the real problem is attitude, as in check your attitude. I know a upper 20s FO at United on the Dreamliner who was complaining about international, how he only gets to do cruise flights and hardly any landings, and circadian flops from Asia and Europe.

I mean, bruh. Some serious self-inflicted first word problems right there.

I think the real problem is attitude, as in check your attitude. I know a upper 20s FO at United on the Dreamliner who was complaining about international, how he only gets to do cruise flights and hardly any landings, and circadian flops from Asia and Europe.

I mean, bruh. Some serious self-inflicted first word problems right there.

Yeah, those guys are annoying as well. I’ve encountered way more of the “pull up the ladder” types, but now that I’m in the left seat I’m sure some of the other stuff will present itself too.

Fortunately (at least where I work), most people have been very supportive and excited for the opportunities available to the new/junior guys.

I can’t stand these idiots that are upset about new hires/junior pilots having great opportunities instead of being stuck as a flight engineer for 8 years or some crap.

In “my day” I made $20k/yr as a new hire with 7 years of experience and TPIC. It absolutely sucked, and I hope nobody ever has to go through that again. I’m really stoked for the opportunities available to pilots starting out these days! It’s been good for me too!
1663098183141.png

I remember in 2020 when it looked like there were going to be mass furloughs, some people on here were openly gleeful about pilots who entered the industry since the 2008 recession experiencing their first round of airline bankruptcies and furloughs.

As I’ve said before it’s like being in East Germany in November of 1989. Prior to that date many people were risking their life, potentially harming their family who stayed behind, and risking imprisonment by trying cross the border. Then one day later people are literally walking across the border. So yes you are happy that the wall is finally down And people can cross freely as it should be, but also you are a little ambivalent at those who travel with such carefree ease. Human nature.

Back