Holy Wow…

And a first leg red-eye. I seriously don’t mind red-eye flying but having to start a rotation with one is brutal.

I have no problem doing a red-eye to start. I'm usually up until 1 or 2 AM PDT anyways so having to stay awake long enough to land on the east coast is really only 2-3 hours later than I usually go to bed by the time I get to the hotel. Plus it makes the commute in a lot easier for me than the early AM shows and the walk in the dark down Century Blvd because inevitably the hotel van is over crowded.

It's the switching to AM shows by the end of the trip that mess with me. That 4:45 AM show in BWI is brutal. Especially after 12 hour overnight and the long van ride from Annapolis.

As miserable as that sounds, I think it's still might be better than 12 hour overnights in Florida followed by dead heads to ATL to start the three leg days I'm doing in Boeing's finest 1967 engineering. Silly me thinking being west coast based would keep me from doing almost all my flying in the eastern time zone.
I keep seeing those in the bid packets, and blehhhhhhh

I have no problem doing a red-eye to start. I'm usually up until 1 or 2 AM PDT anyways so having to stay awake long enough to land on the east coast is really only 2-3 hours later than I usually go to bed by the time I get to the hotel. Plus it makes the commute in a lot easier for me than the early AM shows and the walk in the dark down Century Blvd because inevitably the hotel van is over crowded.

It's the switching to AM shows by the end of the trip that mess with me. That 4:45 AM show in BWI is brutal. Especially after 12 hour overnight and the long van ride from Annapolis.
Great googly moogly. That is a short night with a long van ride. No bueno.

Someone has got to fix the injustice that is the 707/727/737 flight deck. Today alone, I hit my head maybe 5 different times while trying to move the stupid seat and get my bag or fiddle with something around the FO compartment. I thought for a second I drew blood on one.

Someone has got to fix the injustice that is the 707/727/737 flight deck. Today alone, I hit my head maybe 5 different times while trying to move the stupid seat and get my bag or fiddle with something around the FO compartment. I thought for a second I drew blood on one.

Just don't get your hands/fingers stuck in the trim wheels!

3) 350 flying is undesirable right now. Those guys will be stuck at the bottom forever.

#3 is probably the only one that’s right. Seriously nobody wants to fly 17 hours and then be confined to a hotel room with varying levels of restrictions just to then fly home. I’m sure the cargo dogs feel that acutely. Once Asia decides to join the rest of the world people will bid the 350 again. Delta still has a pretty crusty set of people who would rather nail their dick to a table than fly an Airbus. Weird, but true. Of course they also use vertical speed when the VNAV is totally capable of handling business, but what can you do.

I love this line! :)

Ha ha. I was just thinking I hadn’t seen him on here in a minute. I was like “he must be deep into the CFI course!” LOL!

I said it for other non aviation reasons (which @Maximilian_Jenius can explain if he wants to), but that too.

@mwflyer my participation on the forum hasn't changed any. Mostly just reading and "liking" as of late, been busy and exhausted, working extra shifts to help pay for the wedding. Which was yesterday. As for the CFI, I've finally stopped being stubborn banging my head against the wall and will start my CFI-A/CFII later this year or early next after I rebuild my war chest which was depleted by the wedding. So, I guess that revelation also fits with the holy wow of this thread too.

@mwflyer my participation on the forum hasn't changed any. Mostly just reading and "liking" as of late, been busy and exhausted, working extra shifts to help pay for the wedding. Which was yesterday. As for the CFI, I've finally stopped being stubborn banging my head against the wall and will start my CFI-A/CFII later this year or early next after I rebuild my war chest which was depleted by the wedding. So, I guess that revelation also fits with the holy wow of this thread too.

Congrats on the marriage! Wishing you both the best.

[the wedding. Which was yesterday.

Eyyyyyy
1662946705537.gif

Congrats!

Welcome to the dark side. On both accounts!

Congratulations brother!

Next week’s Delta Indoc class has…

DTW, 350B (350 FO)

Available for new hire bidding.

crazy times

Hilariously, some old codger was complaining about having a new hire observer on "his" Madrid flight. LOL

International isn't some conundrum wrapped in a mystery tied by a Gordian knot, it's way easier than 717'ing through the 'Burgs and the 'Villes, but some of us get a little "heady" sometimes about the work we really do.

All equipment already has a 'new hire program' because the tea leaves required it earlier this year.

Hilariously, some old codger was complaining about having a new hire observer on "his" Madrid flight. LOL

International isn't some conundrum wrapped in a mystery tied by a Gordian knot, it's way easier than 717'ing through the 'Burgs and the 'Villes, but some of us get a little "heady" sometimes about the work we really do.

All equipment already has a 'new hire program' because the tea leaves required it earlier this year.

I can’t stand these idiots that are upset about new hires/junior pilots having great opportunities instead of being stuck as a flight engineer for 8 years or some crap.

In “my day” I made $20k/yr as a new hire with 7 years of experience and TPIC. It absolutely sucked, and I hope nobody ever has to go through that again. I’m really stoked for the opportunities available to pilots starting out these days! It’s been good for me too!

Back