Hold it guys. Judge blocks MESA's effort to license Aloha

CrippleHawk

A federal judge today sharply criticized efforts to license Aloha Airlines' brand name to the carrier's nemesis, Mesa Air Group Inc., saying the deal is insensitive to former Aloha workers.

U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Lloyd King postponed until at least Feb. 19 any decision on the sale of Aloha's intellectual property to Aloha's former majority owner Yucaipa Cos.
King said that "Mesa and go! have been given credit for the demise of Aloha" and that licensing the brand name to Mesa would takes the "Aloha name and stand it on its head."
"How about all of the people whose lives have been devastated by this," King asked lawyers for Yucaipa. "Is it just about money?" Aloha shut down for business in March and terminated 1,900 workers, in the state's largest ever mass layoff................................

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20081203/BREAKING03/81203047

Don't we just love the drama

(PS This is my 50th post)

Re: Hold it guys. Judge blocks MESA's effort to license Aloh

Hahaha.. as the world turns.

Sweet, now we can watch Mesa's stock plummet again. It was up to 0.44 there for a day or two...

GOOD.

At last, a judge fully deserving the term "Your Honor".

Justice be served.

GOOD!!! I hope that scumbag JO gets screwed even more and his company MESA goes under!!!

Sweet, now we can watch Mesa's stock plummet again. It was up to 0.44 there for a day or two...

IT went up to 0.53 a couple days ago but now it dropped to .42 as of today December 3rd 2008.

But as for me I will soon hopefully see a bright future

I believe Saltchuk just bought the -200 combis. I could be wrong, though.

GOOD!!! I hope that scumbag JO gets screwed even more and his company MESA goes under!!!

Jesus man, every chance you get...

Wish ill fate upon JO, but why must you wish the same for the thousands of good people who work here?

I gotta ask you somthing. I know you hate JO and MAG with a passion. But Did you worked for Mesa by any chance in the past?

Wish ill fate upon JO, but why must you wish the same for the thousands of good people who work here?

Much like when I crack an egg, I only intend to hurt the shell. . .but that damn egg white and yolk come out as well. . .but it's so DELICIOUS!

Much like when I crack an egg, I only intend to hurt the shell. . .but that damn egg white and yolk come out as well. . .but it's so DELICIOUS!

Mmmm... eggs.. with cheese..

;)

I keep taking my frustrations out on those damn egg shells. . .and yet the poor egg whites and yolk keep getting hurt as well!!!

WHY!

I gotta ask you somthing. I know you hate JO and MAG with a passion. But Did you worked for Mesa by any chance in the past?

I have never worked for Mesa.

I apologize for wishing up Mesa to go under - I didn't mean it that way. I don't wish ill fate upon any of my fellow pilots. What I wish is that something can be done to improve the quality of life and wages at MAG by the demise of JO. Maybe someday that'll happen.

Back