Hiring Process

tp7800

Hello. Can someone please spell out the hiring process for me? I'll start it out:

Online application
Invite for AT-SAT - 5-6 months from application date
AT-SAT test - 6-7 months from application date

Can someone help spell out the rest of the process with time frames? I am taking the AT-SAT in Chicago on June 22 and I turn 31 on Dec 4.

Thanks.

Ted

Hello. Can someone please spell out the hiring process for me? I'll start it out:

Online application
Invite for AT-SAT - 5-6 months from application date
AT-SAT test - 6-7 months from application date

Can someone help spell out the rest of the process with time frames? I am taking the AT-SAT in Chicago on June 22 and I turn 31 on Dec 4.

Thanks.

Ted

See my signature, I took my AT-SAT 5 months prior to my interview invite. Not looking good for you, sorry to say. I believe you have to have a ToL by age 31, I could be wrong about that.

I was under the impression that you actually needed a FOL before your 31st birthday... like he said it's not looking good but then again if you want it then go for it. You might get lucky you never know

I'm pretty sure the TOL is the golden ticket, but you may want to call HR in OKC to confirm. 5 and a half months is possible... definitely worth a shot. Good luck!

Thanks for the input so far. I called OKC before I scheduled the AT-SAT and they told me the TOL must be issued before I turn 31. Do they look at age on those online applications to see if it's close to a guy's 31st bday? You would think they would so they don't spend the 800 bucks or so to offer the test.

Ted

My husband took the AT-SAT in Jan and got his TOL in August. Unfortunately I think that you might not make it....I hope you do but I am just not sure that you will have enough time.

I took my AT-SAT on July 10th last year and got my TOL on Nov. 20th, so it is possible. I'd give it a shot.

TOL freezes age. You can get your TOL the day before you turn 31 and you'll be just fine.

Good luck! I hope you make it!

Forgot to add:

After AT-SAT you get a geographic preference email (at least, this is the way it has gone in the past. There has been speculation that this is changing, but for now, we'll assume that things are going the way they have in the past.) where you will choose two states and whether you want Terminal, En-Route, or both.

**Everything after the AT-SAT is done via email. Your AT-SAT score is published on ASAP, but after the score is posted, you're finished with ASAP unless you have an address change, etc.**

Panels meet and decide if you get selected. If selected for a position, you get an email inviting you to a PEPC or to go the traditional route and do your interview and other clearances separately.

From there, you get your TOL and you wait...wait...wait... until the powers-that-be at the ATO decide that you are fortunate to get a class date and FOL.

You go to the academy.

You complete academy training.

You report to your assigned facility for OJT.

You train until you reach CPC status or you wash out.

You retire.

You die.

The end.

The next selection Panels will meet in August ish...while there are non OTS applicants to look at at that time...there are no other PUBNATS except for 7

Psychic WoH will make her prediction now...

Geo-Prefs will be fast tracked! PUBNAT 7 will go to panels in August!

Actually...you kinda have to believe me. It's your only hope. If selections for 7 happen in August then PEPCs should be done before the holidays...so if you got picked you would get your TOL in time. If not, selections will probably take place in November-ish and you would not be able to do the PEPC. You would basically have to have your interview scheduled before emails even came out to get your TOL on Dec 3.

Hey...it could happen.

Forgot to add:

After AT-SAT you get a geographic preference email (at least, this is the way it has gone in the past. There has been speculation that this is changing, but for now, we'll assume that things are going the way they have in the past.) where you will choose two states and whether you want Terminal, En-Route, or both.

**Everything after the AT-SAT is done via email. Your AT-SAT score is published on ASAP, but after the score is posted, you're finished with ASAP unless you have an address change, etc.**

Panels meet and decide if you get selected. If selected for a position, you get an email inviting you to a PEPC or to go the traditional route and do your interview and other clearances separately.

From there, you get your TOL and you wait...wait...wait... until the powers-that-be at the ATO decide that you are fortunate to get a class date and FOL.

You go to the academy.

You complete academy training.

You report to your assigned facility for OJT.

You train until you reach CPC status or you wash out.

You retire.

You die.

The end.

you left out blowing your pension and retirement on hookers

Thanks so much for all the insight. That helps a lot. Now I understand what's going on. Any idea what staffing looks like in IL or IN?

Thanks.

Sorry to pick everyone's brain on here! But you guys are a great help.

Ted

Thanks so much for all the insight. That helps a lot. Now I understand what's going on. Any idea what staffing looks like in IL or IN?

Thanks.

Sorry to pick everyone's brain on here! But you guys are a great help.

Ted
Staffing levels are hit-or-miss. I'd call up the facilities in question and ask to speak with the Air Traffic Manager. Perhaps get a tour and get your name out there. You never know how that will help, but hey, at least you get to tour a facility!

Does anyone know when the referral lists are made? is it before or after the PEPC invite?
Referral lists are made prior to PEPC invites. You can't go to a PEPC without being on a referral list.

The referral list just means that your application has been forwarded to the selection panels for further consideration.

Back