Hiring Process

Absolutely correct

The referral list is literally the list they look at when they decide who to interview.

The list generally comes out (you find out that you are on it) anywhere from a week before selection panels meet to the first day that they meet.

After AT-SAT you get a geographic preference email (at least, this is the way it has gone in the past. There has been speculation that this is changing, but for now, we'll assume that things are going the way they have in the past.) where you will choose two states and whether you want Terminal, En-Route, or both.
Hello all! I'm new at this...so here goes! I applied in December 2008 for PUBNAT7. At that time, we were asked to select 10 locations in which we wouldn't mind working. Is this something new and does that mean we skip the geopref part? Did every other PUBNAT do the same when applying? Thought this could possibly be a change in the employment process...anyone have input?

Hello all! I'm new at this...so here goes! I applied in December 2008 for PUBNAT7. At that time, we were asked to select 10 locations in which we wouldn't mind working. Is this something new and does that mean we skip the geopref part? Did every other PUBNAT do the same when applying? Thought this could possibly be a change in the employment process...anyone have input?
They all ask that from what I remember. You should still get a GEOPREF email as far as I know.

Just my .02

The instructions actually tell you to just enter throughout the United States. I don't think it has any effect.

The instructions actually tell you to just enter throughout the United States. I don't think it has any effect.

There was just someone on SM that did their interview yesterday. They were given a location that was not a choice on their geo pref and the interviewer said it was one of the picks from their original application. The interviewer said that they do use that information, not just the geopref.

Question.... When do you get your TOL? I am going the traditional route and just interviewed yesterday. Will I get it before or after the background check?

Question.... When do you get your TOL? I am going the traditional route and just interviewed yesterday. Will I get it before or after the background check?
I know that at the PEPC, I got my TOL before security screening started. If you've got the interview done, you have nothing to worry about. It's just a waiting game at this point as long as your medical and security clearances come back without a hitch.

Congrats!

Yeah, there's been a couple traditional route people who have received their TOL's already. Seems like it was a week or so after the interview. I believe they received them prior to completing the medical/background steps.

This is true, with the traditional route, you get a TOL before you start on your background checks, etc. Someone answered that question on my "Questions about the Traditional (non- PEPC) route" thread. I also asked the person who interviewed me and he confirmed.

http://forums.jetcareers.com/applic...bout-traditional-non-pepc-hiring-process.html

Thanks! I interviewed the same day as my husband; he already received his paperwork/TOL, and, again, I am still a step behind. I haven't received mine yet, but we did interview with different people... dunno. I'm frustrated, to say the least. Oh well, at least something is happening, right?

Thanks! I interviewed the same day as my husband; he already received his paperwork/TOL, and, again, I am still a step behind. I haven't received mine yet, but we did interview with different people... dunno. I'm frustrated, to say the least. Oh well, at least something is happening, right?

Did you interview at different facilities or with different people at the same facility?

I guess they've shook things out some now, but it took about 3 weeks for me to get my TOL after my traditional route interview. I had to keep calling/e-mailing my HR rep and dropped a hint that my 31st birthday was coming up. As soon as I did that, I had my TOL that same afternoon.

Once they get the recommendation from whomever interviews you, there is nothing else that they need to process your TOL. Sometimes you've just got to be the sqeaky wheel to keep things moving in the traditional process.

Did you interview at different facilities or with different people at the same facility?

I guess they've shook things out some now, but it took about 3 weeks for me to get my TOL after my traditional route interview. I had to keep calling/e-mailing my HR rep and dropped a hint that my 31st birthday was coming up. As soon as I did that, I had my TOL that same afternoon.

Once they get the recommendation from whomever interviews you, there is nothing else that they need to process your TOL. Sometimes you've just got to be the sqeaky wheel to keep things moving in the traditional process.

We were at the same facility, and interviewed within the same hour with different people. My guess is that the training manager of ZNY (who I interviewed with) is a pretty busy dude and couldn't get to faxing back my stuff as quick. I am not on a time limit, but, I am moving back to Dallas with my husband soon, and it would be nice to know I will be hired too...eventually.

Back