HIRED!!

xdashdriver

Hey Everyone,

I just got the call from Mesa today. They offered me a job. No class date yet, but I've gotta do the DOJ background thing anyway. I'm stoked! My first 121 gig and I'm really looking forward to it.

Oh, and if there happen to be any Mesa nay-sayers that are considering using this thread to start a Mesa-bashing session...forget it. Don't bother.

Ray

Congrats!!!
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and if there happen to be any Mesa nay-sayers that are considering using this thread to start a Mesa-bashing session...forget it. Don't bother.

[/ QUOTE ]Way to sell out the industry! I hope you enjoy spending the rest of your career at Mesa!

JK! JK! JK!

Congrats and keep us posted!
cool.gif

nice! My buddy at Mesa aswell. I dig how they fly the CRJ700. I thought I even saw the 900 as well.

Congratulations man, that is epic.

On a side not, Omar, bro you're always name dropping. It's freakin' hilarious. My dad was this....my buddy that....classic.

BTW, how's the studying for the Skywest thing coming?

Surf

My TT and Multi time are HIGHLY confidential pieces of information....just kidding. 2500TT, 1450 Multi and around 300 turbine.

Ray

[ QUOTE ]
My TT and Multi time are HIGHLY confidential pieces of information....just kidding. 2500TT, 1450 Multi and around 300 turbine.

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

And you chose Mesa??
confused.gif
Congrats on getting hired on at a 121 op, but why do you want to work for a company that most of the pilots in the industry despise? Just look at the faces of these guys in the crew rooms of the airlines they fly routes for. Mesa pilots are the ones huddled in the corner, not smiling, looking miserable. Their faces tell it all. Sad but true. With the amount of multi time you have, why didn't you try to get on with a better airline instead of going to the whipping post of the regionals? The scary thing is Mesa doesn't have the worst contract, but they have taken the brunt of abuse because the pilots caved on holding out for a contract that would bring the level of the industry up (or at least on the same level of other bigger regionals), not down. Their contract is better than it was, but not close to what it should be for flying the same equipment as other regionals. Just keep saying "I love my job, I love my job..." and don't mind how your treated by management or the rest of the airline community. There are jerks out there who take it a bit too far, keep a thick skin (and get out when you build more time or Mesa's contract get's up to par with the rest of the industry). Good luck.

JPilot,
That's a little rough don't you think. I think he had a choice between TSA and MESA. Maybe he had apps in elsewhere, but they obviously didn't call him to interview. Maybe they will later, but a bird in the hand is, well you know. Neither are Comair, but heck he's at least going to be flying/employed. He didn't sign off on the current contract, so why blame him for wanting to work.

Hey Jpilot, did you neglect to read this part?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd go too if they offered you a job. Don't even say you wouldn't. Hypocrite...

Oh wait, you must go to DCA being in Sanford....you'll probably get hired by Comair, right? Ba ha ha ha.....

Jpilot has been drinking the Comair Kool-Aid. Enjoy the right seat of the CRJ for FIVE YEARS!

I have friends who left Mesa for Comair and they are somewhat happy with the decision, but regret the much longer list to upgrade. They say Comair is a great company, better in Mesa in a lot of ways, but not as much as they had hoped. About 50-50 say it was worth the switch.

I made CRJ captain at Mesa in 3 1/2 years and it's even faster now. (Some haven't taken upgrade because they are enjoying the seniority.)

I was smiling everytime in the crew lounge. Furthermore, I'd sure like to know WHERE Comair and Mesa share a crew lounge! No where that I know of. This guy may be talking out his a$$.

Ray - congrats on getting hired at Mesa. You will meet some great people and get to fly some really nice, new equipment. The pay is not as bad as everyone says, either. Once you figure out the system you'll do just fine. BE NICE!

[ QUOTE ]
You'd go too if they offered you a job. Don't even say you wouldn't. Hypocrite...

[/ QUOTE ]

Second that. No, wait, I'd rather keep building my PA28 hours for the rest of my life.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

And you chose Mesa??
confused.gif
Congrats on getting hired on at a 121 op, but why do you want to work for a company that most of the pilots in the industry despise? Just look at the faces of these guys in the crew rooms of the airlines they fly routes for. Mesa pilots are the ones huddled in the corner, not smiling, looking miserable. Their faces tell it all. Sad but true. With the amount of multi time you have, why didn't you try to get on with a better airline instead of going to the whipping post of the regionals? The scary thing is Mesa doesn't have the worst contract, but they have taken the brunt of abuse because the pilots caved on holding out for a contract that would bring the level of the industry up (or at least on the same level of other bigger regionals), not down. Their contract is better than it was, but not close to what it should be for flying the same equipment as other regionals. Just keep saying "I love my job, I love my job..." and don't mind how your treated by management or the rest of the airline community. There are jerks out there who take it a bit too far, keep a thick skin (and get out when you build more time or Mesa's contract get's up to par with the rest of the industry). Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said....don't bother.

Easy there cowboys. My post wasn't meant to bash Mesa pilots. If it was taken that way, I apologize. I just witnessed first hand a couple of days ago what I've heard people talk about Mesa and their pilots so it was fresh in my mind. I wasn't bashing, just stating what I witnessed. The guys looked miserable. It was uncomfortable to see. We were treated alot better. Weird. Coupled with some of the over zealous remarks I heard in the food court some mainline guys (the jerks I mentioned in my post) said loud enough so I knew the Mesa pilots overheard, no wonder they were miserable. Who needs to hear that cr@p.

[ QUOTE ]
Jpilot has been drinking the Comair Kool-Aid. Enjoy the right seat of the CRJ for FIVE YEARS!

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was smiling everytime in the crew lounge. Furthermore, I'd sure like to know WHERE Comair and Mesa share a crew lounge! No where that I know of. This guy may be talking out his a$$.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense John, but it appears you're talking out your a$$. Know the facts before you spew junk, never assume anything. (learned that a long time ago in law classes) I also learned that the facts speak for themselves, otherwise RayS wouldn't have to qualify his post with "Oh, and if there happen to be any Mesa nay-sayers that are considering using this thread to start a Mesa-bashing session...forget it. Don't bother".
And EatSleepFly they wouldn't offer me a job because I never applied there, I already have a job. Yes I went to DCA, yes I instructed there, and yes I got hired. (Ba ha ha ha...???? whatever. The academy does get results whether you like it or not). You're bashing of DCA is sounding like some of the jerks that were bashing the Mesa pilots I saw. Sad.

RaySalmon, like I said before, good luck in training, it's fun stuff. (and if you ever need to jumpseat on my flight, you're always welcome. We like all pilot groups, unlike some airlines I've heard of. But that's another thread)

You still haven't told me where Comair and Mesa share a crew lounge. I haven't spewed anything but facts my friend. You are the one spewing junk, bashing an airline you know very little about, and even worse, dissing your ALPA brothers.

And just how long are the upgrades running over at Comair these days?

I know a lot of people at Comair, and since the new contract upgrades have slowed considerably. It used to run around 3 1/2 years. Now that you are a more expensive carrier, some of your flying is going to other carriers, ala ACA, TSA and CHQ.

And did I mention that Comair and ASA are the #1 targets of the RJDC?

This is not meant to "dis" Comair! I like the airline, I like the contract (who wouldn't?), and I especially like the commuter clause (which costs a company nothing.) I would have gone to Comair after Midway if the MCO base hadn't been closing.

I hope that ALPA uses the knowledge gained from the strike/contract negotiations to improve relations at all carriers. But in the meantime, keep your airline bashing on the ALPA board, not public forums like this.

[ QUOTE ]
otherwise RayS wouldn't have to qualify his post with "Oh, and if there happen to be any Mesa nay-sayers that are considering using this thread to start a Mesa-bashing session...forget it. Don't bother".

RaySalmon, like I said before, good luck in training, it's fun stuff. (and if you ever need to jumpseat on my flight, you're always welcome. We like all pilot groups, unlike some airlines I've heard of. But that's another thread)

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you're so concerned about facts, let's get at least one straight... The only FACT that I am aware of is that there are a few people on some internet message boards who feel it is worth their while to bash Mesa. What they say is entirely (non-expert) opinion, and mostly speculation based on hearsay. As such, I credit no value to their opinions at all which is why I said "don't bother" because there would be no point whatsoever to their post other than to be inflammatory.

Actually, let's get one or two more straight too. At no time during your initial post did you testify to your firsthand knowledge of any bad treatment towards Mesa pilots. Additionally, it would seem that your only evidence that you have is that one isolated incident that you witnessed. As a result of that incident, you made sweeping generalizations about how Mesa pilots are treated in general.

Furthermore, your use of the term "whipping post" along with your apparent incredulous tone as to why I had chosen Mesa over other carriers, not to mention the whole pep talk about "I love my job, I love my job" shows substantial intent to be inflammatory and condascending, your subsequent retraction notwithstanding.

You asked "who needs to hear that cr@p" Well, obviously you think Mesa pilots and potential Mesa pilots need to hear "that cr@p" which is why you hurried on over here to repeat it. Why not leave that kind of stuff where it's more welcome, over on the "other" aviation message board ,if you feel it's so important to share?

And yes, the facts do speak for themselves, and rather clearly. You intended to bash Mesa in your post, and you succeeded. Several people jumped on you and now you're trying to back pedal as fast as you can.

The real reason I said "don't bother" is because most people who open their mouths to bash Mesa end up sounding like complete idiots. I wanted to save them some embarrassment for the day that they have their next interview and learn that the guy sitting opposite them is a former Mesa pilot.

Thank you for the jumpseat welcome. I hope your captains share the same sentiment that you claim to have. Oh, and if you really do like all pilot groups, then quit bashing them...

Ray

Just a little perspective on some stuff here.

The "good jobs" today turn out to be the "bad jobs" tomorrow and vice versa.

It's been that way since the Army Air Corps was flying mail for the government back in the 20's and 30's and certainly applies now in 2004.

And the 'ebb and flow' will continue until the end of professional aviation.

Back