Hired!

Congrats. I quess.

I really don't mean to bring you down but hey the HR guy warned you. I worked two years as a CSA agent all I can say is "that job sucks".. my last day was my best day.
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
HR guy warned you

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he wasn't doing that to warn me of the job, he was doing it to see if I really wanted the job and if was hard working. His point was to make it sound like a crummy job as much as possible and see if I still wanted it. I'm sure every job has its ups and downs.

There were some good times. Every once in a while you go out of your way to help someone out and they were truley appreciative.

However, there are people out there that if their travel plans get messed up in any way they dismiss all social norms which govern a civilized society and go completly insane
mad.gif
. The target of their wrath is YOU.
confused.gif

We used to call these people "irrates" after awhile you can spot them from a few hundred yards away (good time for a break) Some of these people had legitimet problems, some just enjoy complaining. My advice is to always remember that it's just a job and not personal. Once your shift is over, punch out and forget about all the "irrates" you delt with that day.

If you have a really bad experience with an 'irate' (I had many as a flight attendant) remember this: you were just the employee who happened to be there. If any other agent/flight attendant were where you were, the irate would have said and done the same things. Try not to take it personally, I know it's really easy to sit at a computer and say that, but trust me, it's the only way to not take your work home with you. If you let those kind of people get under your skin, it just eats you alive. Do your job the best you can, it will never be enough for some people, and that's just a sad fact.

However, the number of nice, normal people is (usually) much more than the number of irates!

Us flight attendants used to say "man, I'm so glad I'm not an agent, there's no way I could take that kind of crap from people". Then I was in the agents lounge one day and I heard one of them say "man, I'm so glad I'm not a flight attendant, there's no way I could take that kind of crap from people!".

Back