Hired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, get yourself out here; we'll get you some actual time. Icing if you want it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't waste your breath, John. He's a West Coastie through and through.
Smilecrunch.gif
grin.gif
Smilecrunch.gif

Hired!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I have a friend who...got hired many years ago with 500 TT and flew the 74 as a FE, FO, and Capt

[/ QUOTE ]
Ask him how many years he flew as an FO. I’ll guess 8-9.
Then ask how many hours he had when he made FO. (I’ll guess a few thousand).
Majors originally hired pilots, then paid them to get their instrument and commercial ratings.
Way before the ‘80s.

[ QUOTE ]
Back in the "good ole days" you could get hired to fly DC-3s with a private license.......

[/ QUOTE ]
W-A-Y before the ‘80s……’70s, ‘60s, or ‘50s.

[ QUOTE ]
If I recall correctly, it was Arsenio Hall. as he puts his finger to his temple and says Hmmmm!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope…..It’s the song “Things That Make You Go Hmmmm” by C & C Music Factory, 1991

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get me started. I have 1000/150 without the actual requirement and they won't even talk to me. But they're going to hire some guy with 650tt

[/ QUOTE ]
Funny isn’t it (sarcasm), the autopilot works just as well for at 1000 tt as it does at 650tt.

Re: Hired!!!!!!

Nope…..It’s the song “Things That Make You Go Hmmmm” by C & C Music Factory, 1991

That song came out after Arsenio hall was doing that skit. Arsenio's show started back in 89. Pay the man NJA.

[ QUOTE ]
That song came out after Arsenio hall was doing that skit. Arsenio's show started back in 89. Pay the man NJA.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did a little Google, and I guess you are right
crazy.gif

I never was a big Arsenio fan.
Carson ruled!

[ QUOTE ]
Carson ruled!

[/ QUOTE ]
I know man! Carson Daily rules!

Kidding,,,,,,,,,,,,,kidding.............dude, I'm kidding.
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I did a little Google, and I guess you are right
crazy.gif

I never was a big Arsenio fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw, man...he was great!

[ QUOTE ]
Just remember that the flows are a guide, and things won't always go in the way they are presented.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that mean? Does everyone do their own version of the flows and profiles, or what?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just remember that the flows are a guide, and things won't always go in the way they are presented.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that mean? Does everyone do their own version of the flows and profiles, or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. We have a "receiving flow" which as in the book is for first flight only. When doing it non-first flight or as a through stop, you only test and check a few of the items that are in that flow. Something you won't probably see until late in sims or until you're on the line.

In the "power-up" flow, it has you check the fire detection systems first. But, that's only done as a first flight item, not every time you start the APU. It's also in the captain's receving flow. Now, for the captain, if the fire detect system has been checked in the power-up, there is no need to check it. Paricularly for the fact that if the test button is held for more than 15 seconds, the APU will power down.

That's the kind of things I meant. A lot of people get hung up on the flows and bent out of shape if something happens out of order. I mean they are a guide to get things done correctly and expeditiously, but the checklist is the final determinant to ensure it was accomplished.

Right, and then there's the ice checks which are once/day items too. Still trying to get Ice check A/B down.

So what do you check on the FO recieving flow after the first flight? Hydraulic Pumps, Pneumatics, MFD and RMU?

Do you usually leave Pack 1 off for boarding? If so, do you turn it on as soon as boarding is complete?

If the battery voltage stays above 24v and you've been using a GPU, at what point do you have to start the APU. Obviously before you start the engines (unless you're gonna use an external compressor), but is there a time limit? (3 minutes?)

Alchemy, here ya go:

5th floor of the hotel from the elevator, make two lefts and there's the "trainer" they have set up in the hotel. Run the flows to your heart's content. If your rommate doesn't want to, call me. I'll be there for ASA training starting on the 25th.

DISCLAIMER: XJT policies may vary! But this is what I do ...

Usually leave pack 1 off for boarding. If using a jetway I'll turn it on but if they're boarding from the ramp it makes a LOT of noise on that side of the airplane. Usually I don't turn it on until after engine start.

Ice test ... pretty straightforward, really. Bring up the ECS page on the MFD and set thrust at 82.5% N1. Put the A/I selector in ALL. Start clock, and turn the test switch to A and hold it. You should immediately get two EICAS messages: ICE DET 1 FAIL and ICE CONDITION. (On some aircraft you may also get CROSS BLD OPEN.) You should also observe the bleed temp indicator on the ECS page disappear and you should have four "OPEN" indications on the overhead panel. Within 15 seconds you should also get a BLD 1 LOW TEMP message ... when you do, release the test switch and reset the clock. If all that happens in 15 seconds or less, good test. Do the same on the B side now, except your messages will be "2" instead of "1". When finished, be sure to reposition the A/I selector to AUTO. Otherwise, your friend the ENG REF A/I DISAGREE message will appear.

Do it in the sim a few times when you get there and it will all make sense.

[ QUOTE ]
Paricularly for the fact that if the test button is held for more than 15 seconds, the APU will power down.

[/ QUOTE ]

10 Seconds
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Paricularly for the fact that if the test button is held for more than 15 seconds, the APU will power down.

[/ QUOTE ]

10 Seconds
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh. Oops! Got that mixed up with something else.
crazy.gif

In reply to FL270...

We usually leave off pack 1 all the time during boarding and on the ground unless absolutely necessary for temp control. Makes too much noise otherwise.

Also, what was said above about the ice test is what we call "Ice Test A" here. We only do the run up if we expect to hit icing conditions before we could complete the second part of "Ice Test B". Basically, Test A is a run up just like above. Test B is using the "Test 1/2" functions on the ice panel to test the annunciators, then in flight and below 10 deg C TAT we flip the ice to ALL for 30 seconds. Must be between 2000 ft and 23000 ft to do that.

Back