Hired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cav

Former Maddog Whisperer
Hello everyone, I rarely post I've always been looking forward to saying that! I just got hired by ExpressJet. I can't wait to get started at the end of the month. They seem like a great company and everyone there made me feel right at home and relaxed. Not a very stressful experience if you are prepared and know the systems of twins you have flown as well as basic IFR procedures. If you don't follow the specific instructions that they email you before hand it will be a miserable experience and you have no one to blame but yourself. Other than that I think they are looking for honesty, professionalism, and enthusiasm about the job. Before anyone asks, I had about 1100TT/200ME with no turbine time. They stated that the mins are 600TT/100ME/20 act. inst.

I'm reallly hoping their hiring holds out long enough for me to get another 250 TT. I leave for CSA training for XJT tomorrow. I'll be in IAH for a week of ramp training, back in MEM for station training, then gone to IAH again for CSA training for a couple of weeks. There's a good shot that I'll be there for my training the same time you're there (and I think Alchemy, too).

Never cross the paths! Wait, that's 'beams'...

And I guess it only applies to Ghostbusting.

Nevermind, carry on!

Congrats!!!! Maybe we have the same class date? I start on the 25th, you?

Man, I've been drilling the flows and profiles for the past 3 days! I'm having a blast staying up till 2-3 AM working on this stuff. I've got everything up to the after takeoff flow memorized right now....geeze, it seems like it takes me 20 minutes just to go through all the captains and FO's flows up to that point from memory.

Gobs of info, but I hear the training is tough. Hope to see you there!

Just remember that the flows are a guide, and things won't always go in the way they are presented. Also, when you get to training, head up to the 5th floor in the hotel with your sim partner and some other buddies. There is a CPT up there, right next to the elevators. Learn the flows by doing "flights", going through all steps and the profiles.

Don't get TOO hung up on the profiles and flows. Memorize your limitations and memory items first. Then, start learning the general idea behind the flows. When you start FTDs (week 3) things will make much more sense.

I dont know you but congrats....
wink.gif
insane.gif
insane.gif
insane.gif

Congrats on the the job...It ground school can be a lot of work but if you manage your time well you will do fine. Definately fly the "paper tiger" the more you have the procedures and switch locations down the easier the sim will seem.

Save the party for after you pass your checkride.

Thanks for the advice flychicaga! I'll start hitting the limitations and memory items now and will be sure and visit the 5th floor when I arrive in houston.

[ QUOTE ]
Cool! There will be like this massive ExpressJet JC contingent now.

[/ QUOTE ] Matt, you'll have to head up a JC ExpressJet happy hour sometime!

First I'll add my congrats too. I wish you the best of luck.

Now this I have to comment on:
[ QUOTE ]
They stated that the mins are 600TT/100ME/20 act. inst.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that not scare anyone but me?? In the '80s, they wouldn't even let you wash the plane with 600tt, much less fly it. Commuters were flying Beech 99s and wanted 3000 TT for an FO.

Now, it's only 600tt for a 50 seat RJ???
I had 500tt before I even got my CFI. Boy have things changed. Remember that the when a 22 year old "doctor" comes in to do your heart surgery.
10 years from now you say,
".....wow! I remember when you had to attend med school, residency, intern, etc before you could operate."

Things that make you go Hmmmmm.
PS....$1 JC dollar for anyone who knows who coined that phrase.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall correctly, it was Arsenio Hall. <as he puts his finger to his temple and says Hmmmm!!!>

At least that's who I remember saying it the most.

NJA,

In the same respect, though, I have a friend who is a retired 747 captain for TWA/AA (go figure, he doesn't like AA very much) and he got hired many years ago with 500 TT and flew the 74 as a FE, FO, and Capt...as far as I know, that is all he was on. It just depends on what the market looks like and how the airlines are wanting to abuse us low-timers.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
First I'll add my congrats too. I wish you the best of luck.

Now this I have to comment on:
[ QUOTE ]
They stated that the mins are 600TT/100ME/20 act. inst.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that not scare anyone but me?? In the '80s, they wouldn't even let you wash the plane with 600tt, much less fly it. Commuters were flying Beech 99s and wanted 3000 TT for an FO.

Now, it's only 600tt for a 50 seat RJ???
I had 500tt before I even got my CFI. Boy have things changed. Remember that the when a 22 year old "doctor" comes in to do your heart surgery.
10 years from now you say,
".....wow! I remember when you had to attend med school, residency, intern, etc before you could operate."

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me started. I have 1000/150 without the actual requirement and they won't even talk to me. Basically told me to kiss off. But they're going to hire some guy with 650tt.
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get me started. I have 1000/150 without the actual requirement and they won't even talk to me

[/ QUOTE ]

dude come up here to Portland and knock yourself out.

Back