Hired by Chautauqua!

Awesome!! Congrats!!! Just save a spot for the rest of us!!!
grin.gif

that is incredibly awesome. best of luck to you and please post back your experiences.

sarah

Congrats... I'v been flowing your progress since you started posting your experience. It's nice you see one of our own living the dream.. Good Luck
laugh.gif
.. Study hard in Class !!
wink.gif

Congrats and some knee dirtying saying "I'm not worthy" is in order. How many hours do you have, etc. and what type of degree do you have since you've only been flying for two years.

Thanks to everyone for all of the supportive posts. A few people wanted to know about my time/degrees. My flying history breaks down like this:

I first started lurking at Jetcareers in January/February 2001

After first reading about it on this site, I started UVSC's Aviation Science Online Degree Program with 0 credits in April of 2001

I had my first flight on May 23, 2001

I got my private on December 19, 2001

Once again after first reading about it on this site, I started ATP's Career Pilot Program on January 28, 2002

I finished the Career Pilot Program in 59 days on March 29, 2002

I was hired by ATP five days after finishing the program

After answering phones in Jacksonville for eight weeks, I started actually instructing on June 6, 2002 -- my first assignment was to fly with a student from LA to Jacksonville!

I graduated summa cum laude with a B.S. in Aviation Science from UVSC on April 25, 2003

I interviewed with Chautauqua on June 10, 2003 with 1040 hours TT, 905 multi, 950 PIC, 795 as an instructor, 400 cross country, 155 night, 145 instrument (85 of that actual) and 3 turbine in the ATP Citation.

I will continue to post as I start to fly the ERJ. Here's wishing all of you blue skies and safe flying...

Travis

P.S. Doug...my calculator doesn't go low enough to figure out 5% of first-year F.O. pay. Let me know an exact figure and I'll forward the check to you.

P.P.S. Doug...if we are ever in the same terminal, be assured that I'll buy you a meal and thank you in person. Your site is the best!

Congrats on you new gig.I wish you the best and hopefully one day i will be able to make a similar post.
wink.gif

Back