Hired at Skywest.

Congrats. Just curious, why did you leave a Gulfstream gig for the regionals?

Also a curious question. Considering the III is bigger than the CRJ-200 in size and weight and is a jet, and crew environment, the majors/nationals weren't willing to give you a look? Seems silly if not. I suppose no PIC time in the bird could be why. Congrats anyways though mang! Good, solid place to work.

I would say something, but I'll refrain. Congrats and good luck in the airlines.

You never know the whole story. I used to hate the airlines as much as anybody else here, thinking that only "suckers" would go to a regional. Circumstances changed, and I left my corporate gig for a regional. It was an extremely difficult decision, really one of the more difficult ones I've ever made in my life. Coming up on a year and a half later, it was a good decision and I'm very happy with my career track now. I also have a fantastic quality of life, and live in base in an awesome part of the country.

You never know the whole story. I used to hate the airlines as much as anybody else here, thinking that only "suckers" would go to a regional. Circumstances changed, and I left my corporate gig for a regional. It was an extremely difficult decision, really one of the more difficult ones I've ever made in my life. Coming up on a year and a half later, it was a good decision and I'm very happy with my career track now. I also have a fantastic quality of life, and live in base in an awesome part of the country.
I think Stone Cold was referring to some thing else. My guess is this:

http://forums.jetcareers.com/thread...stream-iii-pic-type-ride.136178/#post-1874300

I am really happy to accept the position at Skywest and heading to CRJ class Aug. 27th. Any positive feedback would be appreciated.
Jet toad...err, I mean, congratulations...you will LOVE it! Study hard, have a good attitude and you'll be fine.

But seriously, congratulations.

Back