Hired at Skywest.

JayAre said:
About as bad as a dirty condo in Sun Valley? or Dump apartment in Jackson Hole?

Or 5 days a week at the Motel 6 in Winnemucca, Nevada

I was answering for Curtis who I have shared a beer with in Toluca and passed 1000 below near Mazatlan and know his story.

My hotels are nicer than id ever pay for, my food budget has never been questioned. Even with Cabo and Puerto Vallarta factored into it 13 days in Mexico gets trying. Won't be trading it in for the Winne motel 6 though, the two times I stayed there were the low point of my career.

I am really happy to accept the position at Skywest and heading to CRJ class Aug. 27th. Any positive feedback would be appreciated.

Congrats... and stop listening to people on the internet. The 'grass is always greener' for some people... you made a decision for your career with the best information that you have at the time. We all make/have made those same decisions. (Own yours and don't feel like you have to explain anything.)

The CRJ is a good plane, class is hard - but stay focused on the 121 regs during initial and then reset your brain during systems... lots of memory items. (Well, a lot more than the three on the short bus. And there are 2 CB locations that you have to memorize if I recall...) Lots of random numbers to memorize... but the actual systems are the same as all airplane systems.

Enjoy yourself and enjoy the line... very different than charter. Some things better, some things worse...

Congrats, everyone has their reasons, you don't have to explain anything. There will always be haters and people that feel better about their miserable life when they cut down a complete stranger with a keyboard/mouse

Congrats on the new job. Don't pay attention to the naysayers, just do what you gotta do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey man, congrats and welcome. Been here for going on 2 years now... it's a great place to work.

Back