Hired at AE

Redbirdfan

Hey all. This is my first post here, so it might as well be a positive one. Got hired at American Eagle this week, and had a great experience at the interview. They told us during the interview that they'd be putting 40 newhires in class for the rest of the year, and probably most of next year also. I encourage all of you to check this out if you're looking to switch jobs or get yourself off the street. Everything they did at the interview was professional and organized. I was very impressed and incredibly excited to be going!

Congratulations!!! On your new employement!
grin.gif

Man!!!! that is great and encouraging news that AE is starting to hire.

Congratulations!

Tell us about the nightmare medical exam that AE is rumored to give...

When are you starting class?

Did they tell you 40 per class, or 40 a month. I was under the impression that it was two 20 person classes a month.

The medical at Eagle isn't a big deal. Real similar to a physical from a Doctor.

My times were:

1200 Total, 170 Multi. I got by with such low times because of ERAU. The physical isn't a big deal. Drink a lot of water before you go, as you'll have to piss quite a bit. Otherwise, just relax. As long as you don't have Bubonic Plague, you'll be fine. If they find any abnormalities, they just ask you to get a letter from your personal physician saying that he / she is aware of the issue and is treating you for it. There's also a cognitive test, which is impossible to study for. Just relax and do your best, it's not a big deal. Everyone at the medical department was REALLY nice, and their job is to help you get everything squared away so you can start class. Good luck to everyone who applies, and Ray, yes, It's a fantastic feeling!

Have fun in class.. If you like to fly, hope for something other than the jet. My college roommate has been with AE for over 3 years on the jet.. He is still on reserve!

What do you mean because of ERAU. I know some guys instructing with riddle with over 400 hours multi , that are still looking for a job. And you only had 170?? Just wondering??

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean because of ERAU. I know some guys instructing with riddle with over 400 hours multi , that are still looking for a job. And you only had 170?? Just wondering??

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, I don't see what ERAUs program specifically has to do with this, since you obviously aren't coming directly from ERAU with 1200TT. You have many hours since ERAU doing other things.

[ QUOTE ]
Buzo, it's 20 newhires per class, class happens every other monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I thought. That is what they told me in my interview. I am starting in the March 1st class.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, I don't see what ERAUs program specifically has to do with this, since you obviously aren't coming directly from ERAU with 1200TT. You have many hours since ERAU doing other things.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you graduate from certain aviation programs, AE offers reduced hiring mins. If you didn't, mins are 1500/300

AE's minimums for graduates of certain colleges' aviation programs are 500 / 100. You must have a letter of recommendation from the Dean of your school in order to qualify. Approved schools are ERAU, UND, Purdue, and I believe SLU Parks (not sure about them) Doesn't hurt to apply even if you don't meet the mins. Good luck!

Back