Hired at AE

[ QUOTE ]
... ever see the movie "The Right Stuff" ???

[/ QUOTE ]

What do the USAF test pilots and F-104s have to do with American Eagle and ATR-72s?

I think you're smoking too much stuff Tenney.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What do the USAF test pilots and F-104s have to do with American Eagle and ATR-72s?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not just any man can feather a prop....
grin.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!! Nobody take offense, please.....I know I'm not an airline pilot, so I couldn't possibly poke fun.....
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't smoke.

Mike we're talking about the AE physical, which is remarkably similar to the physical all the "capsule" pilots went through in the movie.

What Gus is talking about is the Man vs. the Monkey.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't smoke.

Mike we're talking about the AE physical, which is remarkably similar to the physical all the "capsule" pilots went through in the movie.

What Gus is talking about is the Man vs. the Monkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, copy. Regional pilot humor.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike you crack me up
smile.gif

I had a captain at Midway that used to call me a "turboprop pilot" (aggravating because my previous plane was the RJ) whenever I did something he didn't like. He'd say, "That's a turboprop move, regional pilot move there."

He had some really funny ideas. I always felt that SOP was to pull back the power and slow down through turbulence. He said, "Turboprop move. With jets you go faster, so you can get 'on the skip' and go from bump to bump and 'skip' intervening bumps, kind of like jumping waves in a boat."

My response: "Huh?"

Anyone ever heard of this before?

Congratulations!!

My flight instructor just started his IOE about 2 weeks ago. He had actually been hired right before 9/11 but sent ome soon afterwards. I am guessing you will be in Puerto Rico for a little while? If so, you will probably run into him there!

Mahesh

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike you crack me up
smile.gif

I had a captain at Midway that used to call me a "turboprop pilot" (aggravating because my previous plane was the RJ) whenever I did something he didn't like. He'd say, "That's a turboprop move, regional pilot move there."

He had some really funny ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Him and his "super-regionals pilot" humor.
smile.gif

Back