Hiking on Saturday

I'll be hanging in the lobby with amber too. I agree with her on walking a lot and heat! I hate the heat! bring me some snow!

as an aside, how hot is vegas typically sept24-26?

That's a HUGE temperature range!?! does it get to like 60 at night and 90 in the day sort of thing? How the fudge do you people live in that heat! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I'm going to go open the freezer, i'm getting hot just thinking about it!

when's it gonna snow? (not in LV, in MI) (rehtorical question)

yes, that's what i meant it to be.. during the day, around the 90's... at night around the high 60's...

we live with it EASY! it's called a DRY heat.. not humid and moist like it is up in Michigan! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif honestly, when you get there, the 90, almost 100 degree heat will feel like 70 and you'll feel your sweat evaporate!! it's a pretty neat tingly feeling!

[ QUOTE ]
the 90, almost 100 degree heat will feel like 70 and you'll feel your sweat evaporate!! it's a pretty neat tingly feeling

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you're smokin', girlie, but I've NEVER thought 100 feels like 70. Dry or not!

see.. to me, 100 isn't an oven.. 105 is when the oven starts heating up! that's when i consider it "getting hot"

We'll just bring some water along.

And, there's a treat for those who are looking to cool off after a hike. If we do the Ice Box Canyon hike, there is a seasonal waterfall. No promises, but if it's got water (and I will check before we go) it might be worth bringing clothes that you don't mind getting wet!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what you're smokin', girlie, but I've NEVER thought 100 feels like 70. Dry or not!

[/ QUOTE ]

Get on the plane in Orlando, it's 98 with 99% humidity. Get off the plane in Vegas, it's 113 with no humidity. Trust me, it felt like 70.

a-ha.. see, i'm not the only one that thinks so! it's going to be about 100 today and so far, at 9am this morning felt like low 60's....

BUMP... remember peoples, labor day is the final day to sign up for the hiking trip!

Tony - do you know yet where your going to go?

There's only 4 people signed up right now and that's

Tony
Bobdduck
Montanapilot
Kellwolf

I'm a maybe - depends on how tired I am from dancing the night away at Studio54.. I dunno about Doug! haha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
BUMP... remember peoples, labor day is the final day to sign up for the hiking trip!

Tony - do you know yet where your going to go?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuppers. We're going to Red Rock. I'd like to do Ice Box Canyon but if I am overruled because everyone is too hungover to do a moderate/difficult trail, I'm open to it. We can whip out the trail maps there and decide which one we want to go to. But just so you know, I've found that exercise makes hangovers go away.

So far, it looks like all I'll need is a compact car. Don't complain, guys, you cram yourselves into a C172 for hours on end, you can deal with a compact for a half hour each way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

But if more people want to come, I need to know now so that I can figure out what car to rent.

[ QUOTE ]
I've found that exercise makes hangovers go away

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! That's only because it makes you puke faster!

Depends who's watching! Last time it was my ultra conservative grandparents. Didn't feel so good after that one!

Okay, all. So it's just four of us. I'll be renting a compact car.

If others want to join in the fun, I guess we can do things on the fly and get a bigger car. It shouldn't be a problem.

See you all in Vegas!

Back