Highest Paying Job?

CK

Hey I was just wondering what your highest paying job was and what you were flying. And the figure you were paid.

Corporate - Falcon 900EX, the figure that I am paid is not for public disclosure.

However I did get paid $600 to ferry a Falcon 50EX on a 9 minute flight.

I have been (on occasion) hired to fly a client's C182. Usually to pick up his kids at his ex-wife's town, and bring them back. When I do this type of corporate flying, I usually get paid about $20/hr.

Hope that this is helpful....

Bluelake

My current job (Part 91 BE-200 Co-Captain) is my highest-paying aviation job to date.

I think you'll find that most people won't disclose their earnings online, CK. Kind of a personal matter.

FL270

I didn't think too many people would tell me what they got paid, but what's the harm in asking?

Hey Kid
The best paying job I've had is my current position as a Citation 3 Cpt. One thing you will learn in life is that there are many other qualities of a job that either make it good or bad, pay not being the only or even the biggest thing. BTW I make .... psych.
My current job is actually everything I've wanted except I'm not flying a Falcon 900EX with some overseas missions ... but other than that I am extremly happy where I am at in life.

BTW: I got paid $692.15 to ferry a Citation 7 on a 25min flt. The break down was 500 for Cpt. service, 157.50 mileage cost and 34.65 for meals. Plus I got free admission to a great airshow following the ferry flt.

[ QUOTE ]

My current job is actually everything I've wanted except I'm not flying a Falcon 900EX with some overseas missions ... but other than that I am extremly happy where I am at in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is something to be said for flying a "domestic" airplane... If you are happy at the job, thats all that matters... The overseas stuff can get old...

[ QUOTE ]
BTW: I got paid $692.15 to ferry a Citation 7 on a 25min flt. The break down was 500 for Cpt. service, 157.50 mileage cost and 34.65 for meals. Plus I got free admission to a great airshow following the ferry flt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice! We weren't gone long enough to have a meal, I just ferried the plane from one airport to another (as SIC), just worked the radios. That company's co-pilot hadn't made it into town yet. I did get a nice limo ride back home.

How is the Citation 7? I have about 600 hours in the Citation III, never flew the 7 but heard the extra thrust and electric windshields were nice. I do miss the airbrake/spoiler system of the 650 series Citations.

Hi Capt.
I've only flown the 7 on that one trip, and we were light so the performance really shined. Like I said there was an airshow going on and I stood that thing on its tail (not really but you know what I mean ) ... climbed like a home sick angel.

I know to be careful what you ask for ... you might get it. All my international flying experience is the Carribean and Central America, although I may soon be getting south west Asia experience.

I would love to have the electric windshields on the 3 ... oh well, and I love those variable speed brakes ... use as little or as much as you want / need.

Jim

[ QUOTE ]
I know to be careful what you ask for ... you might get it. All my international flying experience is the Carribean and Central America, although I may soon be getting south west Asia experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in SE Asia might you be heading? We have been doing a lot of Asia lately...

[ QUOTE ]
My current job (Part 91 BE-200 Co-Captain) is my highest-paying aviation job to date.

I think you'll find that most people won't disclose their earnings online, CK. Kind of a personal matter.

FL270

[/ QUOTE ]

I make $10.75 an hour to load & unload Delta planes....sure isn't $600.00 for a 7 min. ferry flight.
tongue.gif

Matthew

Back